Ukrainian Studies offers candidature for the degrees of Ph.D. and M.A. by research.
The main areas of research, publication and graduate supervision in Ukrainian Studies are:
- Recent and contemporary Ukrainian literature
- Post-colonial approaches to the study of Ukrainian literature and culture
- Culture and national identity in contemporary Ukraine
- Ukrainian culture and society in Australia
- Literary and cultural history of Ukraine from the 19th century to the present
Monash University’s Matheson Library has an excellent collection of research materials in the fields of Ukrainian literature, language, culture, politics and history.
The discipline of Ukrainian Studies at Monash has links to the National Academy of Sciences of Ukraine and to other scholarly institutions in North America and Europe, and assists graduate students in making arrangements to conduct research abroad.
Information on entry requirements for graduate degrees by research is available in the Postgraduate Handbook.
For further information contact:
Professor Marko Pavlyshyn
Phone: 9905 2259
Arts Online Site