The Mykola Zerov Centre for Ukrainian Studies at Monash University, jointly with the Ukrainian Studies Association of Australia and New Zealand and the Shevchenko Scientific Society in Australia, is glad to announce that the conference “Ukraine and the World: Culture, Politics, Society” will be held on 12-14 July 2018 at Monash Clayton Campus.
The conference will provide a platform to reflect on the current state of affairs in Ukraine, including the ongoing crisis in the East of the country, the Ukrainian government’s reform action, and the various responses that Ukrainian society and Ukrainian culture have given to the challenges of the post-Euromaidan era. In order to grasp both the specificities of Ukraine in its present and historical dimension and its place in the international arena, we invite prospective participants to reflect on how Ukraine has imagined and shaped its role in the world and how foreign actors have perceived Ukraine and its international outlook both in the past and in the present day.
Keynote speakers include Professor Natalia Chaban (Jean Monnet Chair in European Identity and Culture, University of Canterbury, New Zealand and President, Ukrainian Studies Association of Australia and New Zealand), Professor Giovanna Brogi (University of Milan, President, Italian Association for Ukrainian Studies) and Professor Natalie Kononenko (Kule Chair in Ukrainian Ethnography, University of Alberta, Canada).
- Marko Pavlyshyn
- Alessandro Achilli
- Dmytro Yesypenko
- Denys Shestopalets
- Olha Shmihelska
- Andrew Radion
- Anna Rubinowski
- Тут читати репортаж про конференцію українською мовою. Read a Ukrainian-language account of the conference here. On 12-14 July 2018 the Mykola Zerov Centre for Ukrainian Studies ... Read more
- In 1948 Australia began admitting as immigrants people who had been displaced from their homelands by the Second World War and who had spent the ... Read more
- Dr Mykola Kulinich, Ambassador of Ukraine to Australia, has informed the Conference’s organising committee that the Embassy of Ukraine in Australia will be a Major ... Read more
- Mr Victor Rudewych OAM and Mrs Maria Rudewych have resolved to support the conference with a donation of $6000. Victor and Maria Rudewych have assisted Ukrainian ... Read more
- Professor Vitaly Chernetsky, immediate past president of the American Association for Ukrainian Studies and director of the Centre for Russian, East European and Eurasian Studies ... Read more
- The Ukrainian Studies Foundation in Australia Ltd. (USFA) has been a sponsor of several Ukrainian Studies conferences in Australia in the past, including “Ukraine: Language, ... Read more
- On 6 March 2018 DNISTER Ukrainian Credit Co-operative Ltd informed the conference’s Organising Committee that it has resolved to contribute $3000 to the conference, thus ... Read more
- The Monash University Library has resolved to become a major sponsor of the Conference and, among other benefits, has contributed its auditoriums and exhibition spaces ... Read more