The Translation and Interpreting Studies program at Monash University is pleased to announce a new cycle of professional development short courses beginning in November 2016.
- Entry-Level Community Interpreting Level 1 – APPLICATIONS NOW OPEN
- Mental Health Interpreting – APPLICATIONS NOW OPEN
- Health Interpreting – further information coming soon
Previous professional development short courses run at Monash University have included:
- Advanced Ethics Workshop
- Education Interpreting
- Ethics for Interpreters Workshop
- Ethics for Translators in the Digital Age Workshop
- Family Violence and Interpreting
- Health Interpreting
- Legal Interpreting
- Mental Health Interpreting
- Orientation to T&I sector
- Road safety and driver interpreting
- Simultaneous Interpreting
- Stress Management for Interpreters
- Telephone and video-link interpreting
- Translation and Technology
Please note: this information relates to professional development short courses run by the Translation and Interpreting Studies program which are intended to update and extend the skills of practicing interpreters and translators.
Please note that these short courses do not lead to recommendation for NAATI accreditation.
If you are a TIS National interpreter, you may be able to receive reimbursement for the fee of this short course.
Further information is available on the TIS National website – Professional development for TIS National interpreters.
TIS National interpreters who wish to seek reimbursement for a Monash University Interpreting & Translation short course must successfully complete the course and receive a certificate of completion with PD points. Completion refers to attendance at 80% of face-to-face classes and completion of all homework/online activities.
Reimbursement will be provided only after the course has been fully completed. Reimbursement is restricted to one short course per year.
For more information contact firstname.lastname@example.org
For information on our postgraduate courses that can lead to recommendation for NAATI accreditation, please consult the Coursework section of the website.
If you have an enquiry about short courses, please send an email to the following address: email@example.com or call: (03) 9905 2228