Leaders are critical to the PAL program. They provide structure and consistency to PAL and serve as role models to the entire program. They are valued for their original thought, their contribution to the structure of the program, and their role as ambassadors for the program in the greater community.
Leaders help drive the program and run the four portfolios within the program.
- Social – organise social events
- Visibility – marketing of the program
- Development – organise monthly events
- Academic – run study sessions and other academic initiatives
Leaders also help out with Mentoring of Ambassadors and represent the Arts Faculty at O-week and Open Day.
Your contribution will be recognised by enrolment in our leadership unit, ENP 1008 Peer Ambassador Leadership Mentoring Program.
What we require of you?
- Attend a residential camp at Lake Dewar Lodge, Myrniong from Friday, 20 February to Sunday, 22 February 2015
- Attend 3 Leader/Ambassador workshop and invited-speaker events run per semester
- Take responsibility for mentoring Ambassadors throughout the year
- Be available to assist with Orientation weeks in February and July
- Be available to assist with Open Day in August
- Assist with recruitment of Peers and Ambassadors for following year
How to apply
- View the Leader Position Description
- Forward a one-to-two page document outlining your contribution to the PAL Program in 2014 and what you can offer the program as a Leader in 2015.
- Send your application attention to Arts Transition at firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday 10 October.
- Be available to attend a short interview in the weeks on 15 or 23 October.
- Please note you must have served as an Ambassador in a previous year to apply.
For more information
For any inquiries, contact email@example.com
Ambassador Program – Applications Now Closed for 2015
Ambassadors provide a lynchpin to the PAL program. They serve as mentors to transition year…
What is the PAL Program?
The PAL program is designed for Arts students who want to connect more widely with…
Having a mentor/buddy as you start your university journey can be a big help. The Arts peer mentor program will match you with a senior Arts ambassador student…