Ambassadors provide a lynchpin to the PAL program. They serve as mentors to transition year Peers, and are able to make a very real contribution to the Leadership portfolios. Ambassadors are the most visible members of the program assisting in Orientation events, Open Day, School visits and PAL recruitment.
They are called upon to draw on their own life skills and experiences in the mentoring of transition year students who may come from a diversity of backgrounds. Ambassadors are relied upon for their interpersonal skills as well as their understanding of university life.
Your contribution will be recognised by enrolment in our leadership unit, ENP 1008 Peer Ambassador Leadership Mentoring Program.
What we require of you?
- Attend a residential camp at Lake Dewar Lodge, Myrniong from Friday, 20 February to Sunday, 22 February 2015
- Take responsibility for mentoring up to 4 Peers in both semester 1 and 2
- Attend at least 3 Leader & Ambassador workshops and invited-speaker events per semester
- Be available to assist with Orientation weeks in February and July.
- Be available to assist with Open Day in August
- Assist with recruitment of Peers and Ambassadors for following years
- Develop leadership skills by joining a Leaders Portfolio – Development, Academic, Social and Visibility.
- Help out with school visits to promote the Faculty of Arts.
How to apply
- View the Ambassador Position Description
- Complete the online form here
- Attend an information session:
- Oct 6 at 12pm, Building 11, Room E457, Clayton Campus
- Oct 8 at 12pm Building H, Room H238, Caulfield Campus
- Oct 10 at 1pm, Building 11, Room H8, Clayton Campus
For more information
For any inquiries, contact firstname.lastname@example.org
What is the PAL Program?
The PAL program is designed for Arts students who want to connect more widely with … Continue reading What is the PAL Program?
Having a mentor/buddy as you start your university journey can be a big help. The Arts peer mentor program will match you with a senior Arts ambassador student…
Leader Program – Applications Now Closed for 2015
Leaders are critical to the PAL program. They provide structure and consistency to PAL and … Continue reading Leader Program – Applications Now Closed for 2015
James Carey – Batchelor of Arts Student & Co-facilitator Leaders Program 2013 I remember my … Continue reading PAL Program