At Monash, we realise that the transition into university can involve serious academic, social, and environmental changes.
In the Arts Faculty, we aim to facilitate a positive and successful transition for all commencing students into their discipline(s) of study, and onto their campuses.
Our orientation programs provide academic, social, administrative and geographic familiarisation with Monash and they embrace the diversity of our students’ previous experiences.
Throughout the year, we offer a range of programs, services and extracurricular events to help students successfully negotiate the transition into university life.
This website contains information about transition events and transition programs. If you or someone you know are thinking of coming to Monash University; if you are a transitional student yourself; or if you are looking for a way to ‘give back’ and help students entering into university, take some time to look over these pages and familiarise yourself with the programs available. From Orientation to Graduation, there are plenty of ways to become involved and plenty of programs to be a part of.
Use this site to find out about programs such as the Peer Mentoring Program, Peer Ambassadors Leaders (PAL) and First in Family, to keep up to date with all news on Orientation, and to contact our Transition Team.
Latest News and Articles
- Come along to our week 8 event and celebrate being almost done for the semester. Take a break and treat yourself with our international student ... Read more
- Feeling confused by the marks you received on your first assignments? Are you unsure how to improve or achieve High Distinctions? Then be sure to attend ... Read more
- Due to the success of our first coffee and cake this semester, PAL are pleased to announce a repeat event is scheduled for Thursday, August ... Read more
- Come along to one of the Arts Faculty assignment aid seminars during week 3 These seminars are presented by the Arts PAL Program’s Ambassadors and Leaders ... Read more
- Grab yourself a Krispy Kreme Donut. Gold coin donation for a donut. All proceeds to help the Royal Children’s Hospital. Read more
- Got some questions for us? Wanting to make some new friends? Do not fear, PAL is here! Next week, we are having our first International ... Read more
- Leaders are critical to the PAL program. They provide structure and consistency to PAL and serve as role models to the entire program. They are ... Read more
- Got some questions for us? Wanting to make some new friends? DONUT fear, PAL is here! This week, we are having our first International Student and First ... Read more
- Are you new to Monash? New to Melbourne? New to Australia? Do you stress out when you try to communicate in English, as it’s your ... Read more