At Monash, we realise that the transition into university can involve serious academic, social, and environmental changes.
In the Arts Faculty, we aim to facilitate a positive and successful transition for all commencing students into their discipline(s) of study, and onto their campuses.
Our orientation programs provide academic, social, administrative and geographic familiarisation with Monash and they embrace the diversity of our students’ previous experiences.
Throughout the year, we offer a range of programs, services and extracurricular events to help students successfully negotiate the transition into university life.
This website contains information about transition events and transition programs. If you or someone you know are thinking of coming to Monash University; if you are a transitional student yourself; or if you are looking for a way to ‘give back’ and help students entering into university, take some time to look over these pages and familiarise yourself with the programs available. From Orientation to Graduation, there are plenty of ways to become involved and plenty of programs to be a part of.
Use this site to find out about programs such as the Peer Mentoring Program, Peer Ambassadors Leaders (PAL) and First in Family, to keep up to date with all news on Orientation, and to contact our Transition Team.
Latest News and Articles
- Since the end of semester is near, there is something you should hear! The Arts PAL program is holding a gathering at Sir John’s Bar, ... Read more
- To celebrate your achievements during your first year (or semester) at University would like to invite you to a special End of Year Celebration Lunch. Date: Monday ... Read more
- Enjoy some free coffee/tea/hot chocolate and cake! Socialise with other First in the Family and International students and have a quick catch up with the Ambassadors & ... Read more
- Ambassadors provide a lynchpin to the PAL program. They serve as mentors to transitioning Peers, and a make a very real contribution to the Leadership portfolios. ... Read more
- As PALs, we value different cultures, diversity and inclusion. Food is the bridge that brings us together! Our very first cultural food night is happening ... Read more
- Come to PAL’s Moving into Second Year event designed for students heading into second year in 2018. With a wide range of speakers who will provide ... Read more
- Hey PALs! Feeling hungry? Well the PALs, as always, are here to help you out! Head down to Caulfield for an Eat N’ Greet! Enjoy ... Read more
- For students completing their Diploma in October 2017, an information session has been organised to help you with the transition to Monash University. Read more
- Siddharthen Rajasegaran (Peer Sem 2 2016) As a Monash University 2nd year student, it would have really been hard for me to cope if I hadn’t heed ... Read more
- Come along and enjoy some free coffee/tea/hot chocolate and cake! Socialise with other First in the Family students and meet the PAL Ambassadors & Leaders, ... Read more
- The PALs are running a special information session for International students. Date: Tuesday 1 August, 2017 Time: 3:00pm – 4:00pm Venue: E365, 20 Chancellors Walk (Menzies Bldg), Clayton Date: Wednesday 2 August, 2017 Time: 3:00pm ... Read more
- Are you feeling stressed about upcoming due dates for your assignments? Are you unsure about how to write an essay, answer a short answer question ... Read more
- Students who are First in the Family often face unique challenges such as moving from the country to the city, having families who may not ... Read more
- Didn’t think the end of the semester could come soon enough? Well it’s finally here and we want to celebrate it with you! Come down ... Read more
- Next week the PAL Program are running seminars to give new University students some tips and tricks (and general advice) on how to deal with ... Read more