At Monash, we realise that the transition into university can involve serious academic, social, and environmental changes.
In the Arts Faculty, we aim to facilitate a positive and successful transition for all commencing students into their discipline(s) of study, and onto their campuses.
Our orientation programs provide academic, social, administrative and geographic familiarisation with Monash and they embrace the diversity of our students’ previous experiences.
Throughout the year, we offer a range of programs, services and extracurricular events to help students successfully negotiate the transition into university life.
This website contains information about transition events and transition programs. If you or someone you know are thinking of coming to Monash University; if you are a transitional student yourself; or if you are looking for a way to ‘give back’ and help students entering into university, take some time to look over these pages and familiarise yourself with the programs available. From Orientation to Graduation,there are plenty of ways to become involved and plenty of programs to be part of
Use this site to find out about programs such as the Peer Mentoring Program, Peer Ambassadors Leaders (PAL) and First in Family, to keep up to date with all news on Orientation, and to contact our Transition Team.
Latest News and Articles
- We know, it’s week 7 and you got a LATTE on your plate! That’s why PAL is here to help! This week we are having ... Read more
- Week 6 can be a stressful time, with mid-semester exams coming up or already underway. So why not come down and relax with the PALs?! ... Read more
- The PAL Program held information sessions during week 2 to ensure arts international students are equipped the knowledge to ensure a smooth transition into both the ... Read more
- Are you feeling stressed about upcoming due dates for your assignments? Are you unsure about how to write an essay, answer a short answer question ... Read more
- International Student Information Sessions Being an international student can be a daunting experience, especially when you are at the biggest university campus in Australia so getting ... Read more
- Come along and de-stress by watching a movie and hanging out with your PALs at Northern Plaza. Enjoy a night of food and laughs! Soft drinks ... Read more
- Come along and enjoy some coffee/tea/hot chocolate and cake and get to know your Mentor and the other PAL Mentors Clayton: Date: Tuesday, February 28 Time: 3-5pm Taste Baguette, ... Read more
- Week 8 means we are two thirds through semester 2 but never fear, the PALs are here! If you appreciate free food, want good company ... Read more