At Monash, we realise that the transition into university can involve serious academic, social, and environmental changes.
In the Arts Faculty, we aim to facilitate a positive and successful transition for all commencing students into their discipline(s) of study, and onto their campuses.
Our orientation programs provide academic, social, administrative and geographic familiarisation with Monash and they embrace the diversity of our students’ previous experiences.
Throughout the year, we offer a range of programs, services and extracurricular events to help students successfully negotiate the transition into university life.
This website contains information about transition events and transition programs. If you or someone you know are thinking of coming to Monash University; if you are a transitional student yourself; or if you are looking for a way to ‘give back’ and help students entering into university, take some time to look over these pages and familiarise yourself with the programs available. From Orientation to Graduation,there are plenty of ways to become involved and plenty of programs to be part of
Use this site to find out about programs such as the Peer Mentoring Program, Peer Ambassadors Leaders (PAL) and First in Family, to keep up to date with all news on Orientation, and to contact our Transition Team.
Latest News and Articles
- Week 8 means we are two thirds through semester 2 but never fear, the PALs are here! If you appreciate free food, want good company ... Read more
- Ambassadors provide a lynchpin to the PAL program. They serve as mentors to transitioning Peers, and are able to make a very real contribution to the ... Read more
- Get the ball rolling on this semester and come along to a game of AFL (Australian football league) to get a taste of Melbourne culture. ... Read more
- Assignments getting you down? Growing up stressing you out? Join PAL in growing down for a colouring book session. We’ll be colouring in and out of ... Read more
- Week 10 means assignments, assignments, assignments but everybody needs a sweet treat now and then so come along for some quality cupcakes, caffeinated beverages and ... Read more
- The most “fetch” PAL event of this year has finally arrived! If you’re feeling a bit of the Week 7 blues, bring along a rug ... Read more
- This semester, PAL is raising funds for the Australian Indigenous Education Foundation (AIEF). AIEF aims to ease the transition from secondary school to further study or employment. They ... Read more