The Border Crossing Observatory has developed a number of briefing notes on issues associated with border crossings and migration.
- Research Brief #1: The role of operational police in immigration enforcement
- Research Brief #2: Structure and dynamics of migration policing networks
- Research Brief #3: Border deaths and border control policies
- Research Brief #4: Counting, discounting and accounting for border deaths
- Research Brief #5: Counting border deaths as deaths in custody
- Research Brief #6: Fluid Security in the Asia-Pacific: Exploring connections between mobility and security
- Research Brief #7: Fluid Security in the Asia-Pacific: Perceptions of (in)security amongst New Zealanders of Samoan origin in Australia
- Research Brief #8: Deportation practices across the Global North
- Research Brief #9: Fluid Security in the Asia-Pacific: The experiences of international students in Australia
- Research Brief #10: International student safety from crime
- Research Brief #11: Deportation trends in Australia
Australian Expert Panel on Asylum Seekers Research Brief Series
Research brief series prepared by the Border Crossing Observatory for submission to the Expert Panel during consultation, June 2012.
- Research Brief #1: Australian data on border related deaths
- Research Brief #2: Who dies between Australia and Indonesia?
- Research Brief #3: Deterrence: How has it impacted border related deaths
- Research Brief #4: Deterrence: How has it been used in the Australian asylum context and what are the results?
- Research Brief #5: Deterrence: The implications for Australian personnel at sea
Inquiry into oversight of police corruption and misconduct in Victoria – August 2017
Submission by Leanne Weber and Jude McCulloch to the Inquiry into the Oversight of Police Corruption and Misconduct in Victoria
Supplementary briefing note by Leanne Weber on Systemic Factors Likely to Influence the Prevalence of Police Misconduct and Prospects for Organisational Reform
- Transcript of evidence provided by Prof Jude McCulloch and Assoc Prof Leanne Weber ‘Independent Broad-Based Anti-Corruption Commission Committee: Inquiry into the external oversight of police corruption and misconduct in Victoria’, Melbourne, February 26, 2018.