Human trafficking in all its forms has been the subject of significant debate and discussion, though empirical research in the area remains limited. The Border Observatory is conducting research into this important topic.
Borders and Border Control
Control of migration is becoming an increasingly important task of contemporary policing and criminal justice agencies. Projects on external and internal border control are an important part of the Border Observatory’s research.
- Crime Control in the Borderlands of Europe
- Global Border Deaths
- Understanding Immigration Detention
- Globalisation and the policing of internal borders
- The Australian Deportation Project
- Migration in Tibetan Borderlands
Gender and Borders
The Border Observatory centers the important of gender as it has often been marginalised within border research. The central aim of these projects is understand the impact of gender on migration, in the realms of border crossing and border policing.