Our Theatre and Performance program enjoys a reputation as one of the most outstanding and comprehensive courses of its kind in any Australian university The degrees offered by CTP explore theatre and performance in theory and practice, balancing performance opportunities with a challenging academic program. We have two strands, one aims to create theatre-makers and the other explores different historical and contemporary performance traditions and practices. In both we focus on the study of the past, present and future of the performance.
Enrolment Information for 2016 coming soon.
- Poet and CTP PhD candidate Kerry Loughrey has been praised for her performance research investigation titled ‘What is a Poem Worth?” (La Mama Theatre). The Read more
- Special Seminar on the Dramatic World of Jon Fosse with May-Brit Akerholt Centre for Theatre and Performance Monday 27th April 2015 4:00-6:00 PM In the Sir Isaac Brown Room, Read more
- The second Monash Panel Discussion uses Meme Girls as a starting point to discuss post-gender expression in the YouTube age Why is there so much discomfort when the binaries Read more
- Congratulations to CTP staff members Stuart Grant and Jodie McNeilly along with postgraduate student Maeva Veerapen who have co-edited a new book Performance and Temporalisation: Read more
- CTP congratulates Angus Cerini who has won the Victorian Premier’s Literary Award for Drama, with his play Resplendence. Angus most recently worked with CTP students on Read more
- CTP student Caitlyn Barclay has emerged as a finalist for the 2014 Victorian Young Achiever Award. Furthermore, she has been specifically chosen to be a Read more