The School of Philosophical, Historical and International Studies is highly regarded for its outstanding research achievements. In the 2012 Excellence in Research for Australia evaluation administered by the Australian Research Council, the disciplines of History and Philosophy received the highest score of ‘5’ (‘well above world standard’), while Religion and Archaeology were ranked ‘4’ (‘above world standard’). The Monash Centre for Human Bioethics is one of the oldest and most prestigious bioethics centres in the world and in 2014 was designated as a World Health Organization (WHO) Collaborating Centre for Bioethics. For information on research specialisations, current projects and events, follow the links on this page.
Research Seminars & Lectures
Refer to the list in the right hand sidebar for our regular seminars…
Current Projects include:
- Australian Generations Oral History Project
- Excavations in Egypt (Archaeology)
- History of Adoption Project (History & Sociology)
- Yiddish Melbourne (Jewish Civilisation)
- Research in Logic & Metaphysics (Philosophy)
- History of Philosophy (Philosophy)
Our history postgraduate research students publish their own journal, Eras.
The Centre for Human Bioethics publishes Monash Bioethics Review.