The University of Warwick (UK) and Monash University (Australia) have signed a new agreement to create an alliance between the two universities that will clearly establish both as “globally networked universities”.
SOPHIS is currently working with Warwick on three important projects
- A team led by Adam Clulow and David Garrioch is working with staff at Warwick’s Global History and Culture Centre to design a new undergraduate unit focused on global history.
- Peter Howard, Convenor of the Prato Consortium for Medieval and Renaissance Studies, is collaborating with staff at Warwick and other international partners to develop 5-year research and teaching plan focused on Medieval and Renaissance History.
- The Australian Centre for Jewish Civilization has received funding to develop a joint program with Warwick in Holocaust and Genocide studies that incorporates research and conferences.
First prize for SOPHIS student in ‘3 Minute Honours Thesis’ competition
International Studies honours student Alannah Cusin has taken first prize in the Arts Faculty’s recent … Continue reading First prize for SOPHIS student in ‘3 Minute Honours Thesis’ competition
Australian Generations: Researching 20th Century Lives and Memories
The Australian Generations Oral History Project has interviewed 300 people living in Australia born between 1920 – 1989. The interviews explore Australian life and society across time, and illuminate generational change and inter-generational dynamics. This event is the researchers’ first opportunity to share their findings about 20th and 21st century history and memory.
- Public Lecture, “The therapeutic imagination and public history: reflections on trauma and memory”
- ACJC and History host international research symposium on Trauma and Testimony
Monash Undergraduate Bioethics Minor Featured in The Age– “Controversial Questions about Life”
“Controversial Questions about Life” Julia Hinde 25 October 2013 The Age click here to read … Continue reading Monash Undergraduate Bioethics Minor Featured in The Age– “Controversial Questions about Life”
Congratulations to SOPHIS staff: 2013 Dean’s Award for Excellence in Research by an Early Career Researcher
The 2013 Dean’s Award for Excellence in Resarch by an Early Career Researcher was announced … Continue reading Congratulations to SOPHIS staff: 2013 Dean’s Award for Excellence in Research by an Early Career Researcher
Studying religions: new units available
Studying Religion and Theology at Monash The Centre for Religious Studies is devoted to the … Continue reading Studying religions: new units available