Finance guidelines for student reimbursement
Expenditure incurred by students for the approved research activities will be reimbursed where appropriate supporting documents have been provided.
To claim reimbursement
Complete all of and sign the attached Reimbursement Claim Form.
A) Attach the supporting documents as proof of payments. Acceptable supporting documents are:
- A good-quality, electronic copy of the tax invoice/receipt that state “Tax Invoice” and include an ABN (for expenses in Australia). EFTPOS receipts can be accepted for small expenses less than $82.50 (including GST).
- The tax invoice must show proof the expense has been paid by either:
- The invoice has a paid balance owing of $0 or/
- If paid by cash, shows the amount paid, cash given, and change received or/
- Shows the payment method ie/ paid by Visa Card XXXX XXXX 123 or/
- A copy of the EFTPOS receipt with the invoice, a copy of your bank statement.
B) If you do not have any of the supporting documents as above, please complete the statutory declaration form attached stating that you have incurred the expenses.
If your total claim is under $100, you can declare the total.
If your total claim is over $100 you must list each expense you have paid and the total.
Ensure your statutory declaration form is signed by the authorised witness listed at the bottom of the form.
If you do not provide the above documents (A or B), your claim cannot be processed.
Reimbursements will not be paid for:
- Claims made more than 12 months after the date the expense was incurred, unless evidence of exceptional circumstances is provided and approved by the Associate Dean Graduate School or Program Director;
- For purchases of goods and/or services from University staff or their family members;
- For fines incurred by students to the University – fines incurred are the responsibility of the person who has incurred the fine;
- University parking permits.
- Purchase of IT equipment over $300.
Please allow a minimum processing time of 10 business days from the date of submission for your payment to be received.
All reimbursement claims should be forwarded to finance officers at: email@example.com