Information for Prospective Students


Consider doing a major or minor sequence in religious studies as part of a BA degree, or pursuing the joint BA/BTheol degree. If you have a BA (in any subject) or a BTheol, think about a BA (honours) in religious studies, one year full-time or two years part-time study.

See further information about Religious Studies as a major or minor…


The Centre offers an MA in religious studies, by research or by course-work and research.

The Centre for Religious Studies also cooperates in teaching a Masters in Islamic studies, offered through the Centre for Islam and the Modern World, located in the School of Social Sciences.


For further enquiries on Religious Studies, contact Professor Constant Mews (03) 9905 2185 or

Or contact the School of Philosophical, Historical & International Studies