The Centre for Religious Studies was established by the Faculty of Arts in order to:
- advance interdisciplinary scholarship in the fields of religion and theology by drawing on existing strengths in the faculty and university;
- provide coherent undergraduate programs of study in religious studies, within the limited resources of the centre by coordinating existing faculty resources;
- provide graduate courses and opportunities to pursue higher degrees by research in the area of religious studies and theology by offering a range of postgraduate subjects, coordinating individual graduate supervision, and calling attention to relevant subjects offered within faculty;
- promote interdisciplinary research, interchange and collaboration focused on religion and theology among staff at Monash and in the wider community through seminars, conferences and papers. One of the means of pursuing this objective involves on-going discussions with the major providers of theological education in Melbourne.
- Please join us for a seminar on the theme of mindfulness with Prof. Padmasiri De Silva, to mark the launch of a much revised 5th ... Read more