This program of research aims to provide understandings of the physical and social impact of population growth in Australia with a specific focus on short and long term consequences of increased immigration for social inclusion as well as settlement experiences for regular and irregular migrant groups. Read more here.
- In 2018 the Monash Population, Migration and Social Inclusion Focus Program is offering two Honours Bursaries (value $3,000) to support students to undertake research that aligns ... Read more
- We are pleased to welcome John van Kooy to the Population, Migration and Social Inclusion (PMSI) Focus Program as our inaugural PMSI PhD scholarship winner. ... Read more
- Dr Samanthi Gunawardana has recently been appointed member of the HealthWest Partnership Expert Advisory Panel on Workforce Mutuality. The HealthWest Partnership uses the concept of ... Read more
- A huge congratulations to Dr Helen Forbes-Mewett on her appointment to the Victorian Multicultural Commission’s Regional Advisory Council 2017-19 for the Eastern Metropolitan Region. This ... Read more
- Submission on Citizenship Act amendments: gendered impacts of strengthened English language proficiency test on migrant womenResearchers from the Population, Migration and Social Inclusion Focus Program and the Border Crossing Observatory have made a submission to the Australian Government on the ... Read more
- Funding success! Understanding the context of racial and cultural exclusivism: A study of urban neighbourhoods in VictoriaAssociate Professor Rebecca Wickes (Monash Criminology) and her colleagues from the School of Social Sciences Dharma Arunachalam, Jonathan Smith, Helen Forbes-Mewett and Zlatko Skrbiš, as well ... Read more