The Executive Master of Public Administration (EMPA) is designed to assist future leaders develop the management and policy skills needed in today’s public sector.
Developed in consultation with public sector CEOs across Australia and New Zealand, the EMPA aims to produce world-class public sector managers. The program offers high-potential and aspiring leaders a thorough grounding in the theory and practice of public administration. The program brings together a select group of the best emerging public sector leaders from Australia and New Zealand with outstanding teachers and practitioners from around the world.
Students undertaking the EMPA at Monash University are required to complete:
- a core curriculum of eight subjects taught by ANZSOG faculty
- a required subject on Public Sector Financial Management
- two electives from the following streams
- Specialty electives on Politics, Policy and Governance
- Security, Law, Justice and Human Rights
- International Relations and Development
- Global Politics
- Politics and the Environment, Planning and Sustainability
The program draws on case studies and practical exercises with interactive teaching methods, delivered by leading academics and guest speakers with extensive government experience.
To learn more about the EMPA program at Monash University, please contact the Program Coordinator, Dr Zareh Ghazarian
T: +61 3 9902 0350