The Performance Research Unit promotes advanced research in theatre and performance. Current research strengths include gender and performance, practice research, and performance-making. Our research engages with performance in all its manifestations: the aesthetic, the everyday, the cultural and the social.
The PRU brings together researchers with unique expertise in the areas of:
- Gender and Performance
- Writing for Performance
- Site-Specific and Ecological Performance
- Reception Studies in Classical Greek and Roman theatre
- Phenomenology and Performance Philosophy
- Audience and Reception
- Celebrity and Representation in the Nineteenth and Twentieth Centuries
- Indigenous and First Nations Performance
Members of the PRU, as writers, directors and actors continue their professional engagement with the arts industry. This creates an environment of cutting edge practice research, which places the PRU at the forefront of this crucial area of the creation of new knowledge.
Some Helpful Links