The National Centre for Australian Studies engages the World
Australian Studies is part of a global conversation and as well as hosting the world’s oldest continuous human culture our country is a creative and dynamic mix of many ethnic and national groups. Our Centre:
- Engages the world through leading research collaborations with scholars overseas, international exchange partnerships with universities world wide. Learn more about the Centre’s research activities.
- Has regular participation at cutting edge international conferences
- Values the participation of international students from all across the Globe. Learn more about our exchange programs.
- Experience Innovative field trip learning around Australia and overseas in Turkey, Italy and Asia! ‘Australia in the World’ is an exciting new cross-disciplinary undergraduate minor in the Faculty of Arts offered by the National Centre for Australian Studies featuring field trips and ‘hands on’ experiential learning to enrich your understanding of Australia in its regional ... Read more
- NCAS is delighted to announce the establishment of the China-Australia Research Network (CARN). The establishment of CARN and Fellowship program is funded by the Australia-China Council (part of the Australian Government’s Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade), with the support of the Australian Museum of Chinese-Australian History. The chief goal of the China-Australia Research Network ... Read more
- The link to London As a member of the Commonwealth and a former British colony, Australia has a long and historic association with the United Kingdom. The National Centre for Australian Studies regularly contributes to research projects, conferences and occasional publications fielded by the British Association for Australian Studies. In 2008, Professor Bruce Scates, Director of NCAS ... Read more
- The Copenhagen Connection The National Centre for Australian Studies has forged strong and enduring links with the University of Copenhagen in Denmark. Since 2006, scholars from the Centre have participated in research and teaching programs at Copenhagen and from 2009 Danish students will attend a Study Abroad program at Monash specially designed to meet their interests ... Read more
- Australia-India Council Australian Studies Fellowships NCAS coordinates the prestigious Australia-India Council Australian Studies Fellowships. Monash leads a consortium of Australian universities that participate in the scheme: The University of New South Wales, The University of Queensland, the University of South Australia and the Australian National University. Fellows come from a wide range of backgrounds and research ... Read more
- International Australian Studies Association http://www.inasa-home.net/ The International Australian Studies Association (InASA) aims to promote links between the Australian and international Australian studies communities. Menzies Centre for Australian Studies http://www.kcl.ac.uk/schools/humanities/depts/menzies/ The Menzies Centre for Australian Studies at Kings College in London promotes understanding in Europe of Australia’s history, politics, society and economy. British Australian Studies Association http://www.kcl.ac.uk/schools/humanities/depts/menzies/basa/ European Association for the Study of Australia http://www.easa-australianstudies.net/ Indian ... Read more
- The AIC Australian Studies Fellowship is a prestigious program giving Indian scholars the opportunity to extend their research and teaching practices in the field of Australian Studies. Scholars are able to develop valuable collaborative networks with academics and educational and cultural institutions. The Fellowship subjects are wide ranging and possible themes include multiculturalism, indigenous culture, ... Read more