The centrepiece of this vision is the creation of a new, iconic, state-of-the-art building for the School of Music.
- 40 acoustically-flexible practice rooms (including many with pianos and ranging in size from small to large)
- 15 ensemble or chamber rooms of various sizes to support group and ensemble teaching, and performance assessments and auditions
- one main auditorium/concert venue to seat up to 800 people
- one outside amphitheatre with moveable staging, seating 600 people
- one chamber auditorium/concert venue to seat approximately 200 people
- a jazz club style venue, seating about 200 people
- one conference room
- recording studio
- approximately 20 office spaces — 15 soundproofed for teaching
- an undergraduate computer lab with 25 workstations
- lounges for undergraduates, postgraduates and staff
- a restaurant / cafe accessible to the Jazz Club and amphitheatre
- various instruments for each practice and ensemble room, including two grand pianos for the auditoriums
- a moveable stage for outdoor concerts
Creative Music Technology – Blog
What a great start to the year we had in Creative Music Technology. We’re Monash music’s newest course and it’s been exciting to see the wider music community here embrace the CMT students.
Finsterer and Grabowsky win in 2014 Art Music Awards!
The winners of the 2014 APRA AMCOS Art Music Awards were announced last night at…
Reflection: New York Study Tour, 2014
Each year the Sir Zelman Cowen School of Music, in collaboration with New York University,…
The Second International Symposium on the Malay Musical Arts of Indonesia’s Riau Islands
In the past decade, a growing literature has emerged on the phenomena of sound and body movement in relation to the human emotions and senses.
During semester, seminars are given by staff, postgraduate students and visiting scholars. All seminars are held in the Elizabeth Burchill Room, E561, Menzies Building.
Want to know more about our audition process? We have all audition information for you right…
Review: Monash bands shine in jazz and classical concert
Review: Monash bands shine in jazz and classical concert THE AGEDate August 11, 2014 Reviewed by…
Alumnus – Dr. Sarmast Wins Charles Ansbacher Award
Alumnus to the Sir Zelman Cowen School of Music Dr. Ahmad Sarmast has been selected…
4 Stars for ‘The Monash Sessions’ with Vince Jones
A great review of The Monash Sessions with Vince Jones in The Australian last week:…
Finsterer and Grabowsky finalists in the APRA Art Music Awards
We are extremely pleased to announce that Mary Finsterer and Paul Grabowsky have both been nominated…
Monash University Flute Ensemble’s latest album ‘Fantasie Australis’
The Monash University Flute Ensemble’s latest Album ‘Fantasie Australis’ has received glowing reviews. Directed by Peter…
Monash University Open Day, 3rd August, 2014
Want to find out more about The Sir Zelman Cowen School of Music? Come to Open Day on Sunday, August 3rd for all course information, career opportunities, expertise, student perspective, performances and workshops.