The following do not require staff supervision:
- First year piano/keyboard students – Recitals only, with 1 hour rehearsal time
- Second/Third year piano/keyboard students – Recitals only, with 1.5 hour rehearsal time
- Honours piano/keyboard students – Recitals only, with 2 hours rehearsal time
- Masters piano/keyboard students – Recitals only, with 2 hours rehearsal time
- Masters instrumental students – Recitals with professional accompaniment with 1 hour rehearsal time.
All Steinway usage must be requested in advance. The Steinway request form (.pdf) is available online or from the Resources Office (room 201). The form should be approved by the Jazz or Piano Coordinators before being returned.
The Steinway must be closed, locked and covered after use.
Any other usage, other than that listed above, can only occur as a special request, initially submitted on the Steinway request form. Any request is subject to approval being granted by the Jazz or Piano Coordinators – conditions may be set.
External Usage and/or Hire
The Steinway is only available for School of Music activity as per the arrangements outlined above and is not available for external use and/or hire.