FOBs/keys can be collected from the Resources Office – room 201, between 8:45am and 4:30pm Monday – Friday and from PAC Resources/Technical Staff up until 8pm. FOBs/keys must be returned immediately after use;
FOBs/Keys can only be issued to persons as listed in the booking – and are to be used and returned only by the person who signed for them. FOBs/Keys cannot be kept for multiple bookings without prior approval. Failing to return FOBs/keys immediately after use, handing FOBs/keys to other persons, leaving FOBs/keys unattended or misplacing FOBs/keys can result in access restrictions.
Late return fines also apply to the late return of FOBs/keys. This is set at $5.50 per day (incl. GST) and is calculated from the 7th University working day after a loan period expires (unless an extension is approved before the expiry date by the staff member who was a signatory to the Loan Agreement).
Note: Security is not authorised to provide access. It is the student’s responsibility to collect FOBs/keys from the Resources Office (room 201).
Proxy Card Access (Student I.D. cards):
Student Identity Cards are also Proxy Cards – these can provide access to a facility when placed in front of the Proxy Card Reader. Your Proxy Card will only give you access to facilities that you have been registered/authorised to use.
- Registration for various levels of access occurs online at the following link – Student Self Registration and Activation
- Registered access is only available to current card holders and the cards must only be used to gain entry only by the person named on the card;
- Providing access to other persons who do not have valid access themselves is not permitted and may result in access restrictions;
- Access controlled doors must never be left open;
- All students must have their Identity Card with them at all times, or they may be required to leave the premises. Cards must be kept safe and secure;
- Card access problems are to be reported to the Resources Office – room 201.