Australia’s leading International School of Music
A distinctive nature and VISION of the Sir Zelman Cowen School of Music is to develop the complete 21st century musician. A musician that strives for excellence and who has a holistic approach to music. A musician that specialises with musical diversity. The diversity is the training of musicians to the highest professional standards in music of both Western and non-Western tradition, from revered past traditions through to contemporary practices in composed and improvised music, music technology and music business. Whether specialising in performance, composition, creative music technology, musicology or ethnomusicology, the Sir Zelman Cowen School of Music’s vision is progressive in both the local and global contexts.
Find Out More:
- Monash Art Ensemble (Australian Art Orchestra & Sir Zelman Cowen School of Music) THIS comprehensive album consists of two complete works composed and conducted by Paul ... Read more
- Congratulations to 2nd-year Bachelor of Music student James Russo on his winning the Margaret Sutherland Bursary. The Margaret Sutherland Bursary is an annual music competition held ... Read more
- “…the most comprehensive global program of any tertiary jazz studies course in Australia” J McBeath, The AustralianTHREE albums herald the launch of the most comprehensive global program of any tertiary jazz studies course in Australia. Read more
- Why do we want our computers to improvise? The Sir Zelman Cowen School of Music proudly presents Professor George Lewis (Columbia University, New York) Professor George Lewis ... Read more
- Melbourne International Jazz Festival comes to Monash: Maria Schneider, Open Loose and Monash Art EnsembleMonash University is proud to be associated with the Melbourne International Jazz Festival as its Education Partner. Marie Schneider, Open Loose (Mark Helias, Tony Malaby and Gerald ... Read more