Performance students have many wonderful opportunities to engage in a wide cross-section of musical activities, both within and outside formal study programs. Solo and ensemble performance and practice -based research are fundamental to the learning experience in the School and as an excellent preparation for post University life.
Monash is Australia’s foremost international university and every year students travel to the Prato centre near Florence to work with visiting artists in courses of chamber music, language classes for singers and solo performance.
Find Out More:
For Further information on Monash University performances please go to The Academy of Performing Arts
Latest News & Events
- Each year guest artists and artists in residence are invited to the School. As part of the classical performance studies there are workshops given by Australian and international artists. Over the past few years these have included: Elizabeth Wafflisch (UK/ Australia), Ning Kam (Singapore) Pieter Wispelway (Holland), Namanja Radulovic (Serbia), Benjamin Whitcomb (USA), Davide Monti (France), ... Read more
- Catch PhD composition candidate Jane Hammond on ABC Radio National. All about lyrebirds and significant portions of her work ‘A Lyrebird in Paris’ performed by Monash University’s ensemble-in-residence, Ensemble Liaison. http://www.abc.net.au/radionational/programs/intothemusic/bird-of-many-songs/4831648 Bird of many songs Listen now Saturday 27 July 2013 4:05PM IMAGE: LYREBIRD MOTET (ARTIST EDWARD COWIE) For thousands of years the lyrebird, or lyrebirds (both the Superb and the Albert’s) have intrigued and enchanted those ... Read more
- The Jazz and Popular Music course also provides students with the opportunity to enrol in performance based classes. These classes form part of the general performance course, which are in conjunction with units in musicology, ethnomusicology and composition subjects. Performance is an important part of the course and so ensembles perform regularly at Bennetts Lane, Paris ... Read more
More News & Events
- Australia’s super-star soprano (Nance Grant) will come to Monash to talk at the Sir Zelman Cowen School of Music voice workshop on Tuesday 16 October 2012. We feel very privileged and honoured that she and her husband Ian, have accepted our invitation to spend two hours with our singers at their weekly workshop. Nance Grant ... Read more
- Enhance your next event with live music by young, exciting musicians from the School of Music – Conservatorium. Passionate students, available in any instrumental combination and size. Hire a string quartet for a wedding or cocktail function or a jazz ensemble for a conference or party. Come along to a rehearsal to help you make a decision and ... Read more