Once registrations have closed for auditions, we will schedule auditions and notify all applicants by email. Mid-year Entry Auditions will be held in early July and you can expect to receive your confirmation by the end of the last week of June.
In the meantime, you should prepare for your audition according to the relevant audition requirements.
If you cannot attend your scheduled time, please follow instructions provided in your confirmation email.
Note: Interstate auditions are not held for mid-year auditions. If you are an interstate applicant and cannot travel to Melbourne, please follow the instructions in your confirmation email. You may request a recorded audition instead.
Offshore International Applicants
Contact Us for information on how to submit a recorded audition.
- In 2016 the Sir Zelman Cowen School of Music will offer students the opportunity to undertake a Choral Voice study option within the Classical Voice program. This study option will have particular relevance to students wishing to be music teachers in schools that have strong choral traditions or in schools wishing to develop such a ... Read more
- In 2016 the Sir Zelman Cowen School of Music will offer students the opportunity to undertake Popular Voice study within the Jazz and Popular Music Voice program. This study option will have particular relevance to students wishing to pursue a career in popular music performance, song writing and teaching. Skills gained as a result of ... Read more
- Audition Registrations for 2016 Mid-year Entry are now OPEN! Please click here. Mid-year auditions will take place 4 – 8 July 2016 Apply for a place in a Monash Music Course online Undergraduate applicants apply direct to the University Undergraduate Internal Transfers apply directly to the Faculty Postgraduate courses apply direct to the University. (includes local students, internal transfers, and ... Read more
- Jazz & Popular Studies Audition Preparation Course 2016 This course will include performance and ensemble processes that will assist in the building of skills that focus on attaining the standards of the audition requirements. Attendees will also be given a course overview to help provide an understanding of what is expected of students in the Jazz ... Read more
- Undergraduate: Three contrasting pieces (e.g. style, period, composer), no longer than 15 minutes altogether.Honours: At least three contrasting works (e.g. style, period, composer), no longer than 30 minutes altogether. The audition will comprise selections from the applicant’s audition material and a brief interview Technical work and/or sight reading may also be requested at the audition. If the piece(s) ... Read more