Creative Music Technology at the Sir Zelman Cowen School of Music is focused on the creative application of technology within professional music production, performance, recording, multimedia and research contexts. More information on Creative Music Technology at Monash can be found here.
Once registrations have closed for auditions, we will schedule auditions and notify all applicants by email.
In the meantime, you should prepare for your audition
- Two contrasting pieces created using a digital audio workstation, (Logic, Cubase, Pro Tools, Ableton Live, FL Studio or Garage Band for example). To be played in the audition on either a music device (iPod or iPhone) or laptop, (PA for amplification supplied).
- Please make sure that at least one composition is created in the digital audio workstation using virtual instruments, samples and effects.
When we contact you with your audition date/time we will ask you to prepare the following information for your audition
- Your background in music including the instrument(s) you play, the number of years you’ve played them, whether you have taken any formal music lessons and/or music theory courses.
- Your background in music technology including the software(s) you have you worked with, the number of years.
- Why you are interested in studying Creative Music Technology at Monash University
- Audition Short Course – Creative Music Technology 2016 This course will include recording studio and digital music processes that will assist in the building of skills that focus on attaining the standards of the audition requirements. More information we be available in August 2016. Read more