“Literary Habitats” is a joint research project of Monash and Warwick Universities. Its aim is to bring together established and young researchers working on a cluster of themes around the topic of literary habitats. The project aims to advance literary scholarship, creative writing, graduate training, and community engagement and will explore the following themes:
- How literary sites are engaged in urban and non-urban contexts
- Human habitats as sites of literary heritage
- The global and transnational flows of literature across national borders including via literary festivals (siuch as the Melbourne Writers’ Festival, Melbourne Emerging Writers’ Festival and Cheltenham Literature Festival)
- Communities of literary expression, like libraries, bookshops and book clubs; and
- New technologies of communication and the digital book/storytelling culture.