Welcome to the Melbourne Tribune, a website that brings you the latest news and current affairs from Monash reporters.
Our reporters, representing the School of Media, Film and Journalism at Monash’s Caulfield campus, will deliver stories from Melbourne’s suburbs.
Got a news tip? Email: email@example.com
- Jack Boronovskis A spokesperson for the Islamic Council of Victoria (ICV) said ‘ignorance’ has contributed to a rising level of Islamophobia in Australia. Federal Immigration Minister Peter ... Read more
- Emily Newton Australia’s fertility rate has fallen to 1.77 births per woman, well below the fertility replacement rate, as young couples continue their struggle to conceive. Last year’s ... Read more
- For decades, participants in women’s sport have heard the word ‘no’. From being restricted at junior sporting clubs because of age, to not having female-equivalent role models ... Read more
- Photo: Christopher Bruno The impact of domestic violence on women and children who experience or witness it can be profound. This podcast by Yi Hui Lim ... Read more
- Garry Fabian was on the receiving end of one of history’s ugliest episodes – the Holocaust, in which six million Jews, along with millions of others, were ... Read more
- The United States has elected a president with a history of making misogynistic statements – in the same year that a former Stanford University athlete was ... Read more
- Biometric phone security features are easy to hack, a University of Melbourne IT professor says. New biometric security features on iPhones have been steadily phased in, alongside traditional ... Read more