MAI Staff Research Profiles
- Prof Greg Barton. Centre of Southeast Asian Studies. Greg.Barton@monash.edu. Islam, Islamic social movements, civil society, politics and Islamist radicalism in Southeast Asia.
- Professor Carolyn Stevens. Japanese Studies Centre. Carolyn.Stevens@monash.edu. Social anthropology and cultural studies; social problems in Japan, including topics such as disability and poverty, as well as popular music and consumerism in postwar Japan.
- Dr Wendy Smith. Centre for Malaysian Studies. Wendy.Smith@monash.edu. Cross-cultural management; employee relations in Asia; Japanese management transfer; international business; social protection in Malaysia; globalized religious organizations; managing religious diversity in the workplace; Islamic work ethics.
- Emeritus Prof Marika Vicziany. National Centre for South Asian Studies. Marika.Vicziany@monash.edu. Mass poverty, Ethnic/Religious minorities in India, Pakistan and Western China, and Regional Security
- Halina Bluzer, firstname.lastname@example.org. Events
Our location and postal address
The MAI offices are located at Monash University, Caulfield Campus.
Level 5, Building H, 900 Dandenong Road, Caulfield East, Victoria 3145, Australia
(Melway Ref: 68 F1)
Our postal address is:
Monash Asia Institute
PO Box 197
Tel: +61 3 9903 5044
Fax: +61 3 9905 5370
Contacts for Centres and Their Affiliates
Prof Greg Barton, Director, Centre of Southeast Asian Studies (CSEAS)
Dr Julian Millie, Convenor, CSEAS Seminar Series
Prof Carolyn Stevens, Japanese Studies Centre (JSC)
Professor Marika Vicziany, National Centre for South Asian Studies (NCSAS)
Dr Wendy Smith, Director, Center for Malaysian Studies (CMS)
Prof James Chin, Malaysia School of Arts and Social Sciences