This outlines the grants and support available to Higher Degree by Research (HDR) students in the School of Languages, Cultures & Linguistics.
Grants open for applications from students:
- Field Research Support and Travel
- HDR Publication Support Scheme
- The Edith Lahr Bequest Grant for research related to Linguistics/Applied Linguistics
Prizes and awards for students:
Grants open for applications from supervisors:
Resources supplied by the School:
- Funding support for the LCL Annual Postgraduate Conference
- School research scholarships
- The School of Languages, Cultures and Linguistics is pleased to offer its candidates some stationery supplies. These are available from Ms Sally Riley in room S425.
- The School of Languages, Cultures and Linguisics is pleased to offer its candidates photocopying facilities. Please see Ms Sally Riley in room S425.
- HDR Resource Centre
- The School’s HDR Resource Centre is located in room S431. Eight computers and printing facilities are available for use. As the School’s facilities are limited, the computers are for HDR School community use only. The Centre also has a lounge area, coffee and tea making facilities, a microwave and a fridge. For access to the Centre, please see Ms Sally Riley in room S425.
IT services for HDR students
- As well as your student email account, you can also get a ‘staff-like email address’ when you are enrolled as a HDR student in the School of Languages, Cultures and Linguistics.
You can organise this either by logging a job using Service Desk Online http://monash.edu/esolutions/contact/ or phoning x51777.
Accessing and managing IT facilities and services
Contact eSolutions for more information on accessing and managing IT facilities and services:
Telephone: +61 3 990 51777
The School of Languages, Literatures, Cultures and Linguistics offers a wide range of research and…
The Asian Studies Research Library (ASRL) is a specialist research collection holding a large collection of material in Chinese, Korean, Indonesian, Malay, Thai, Vietnamese and an extensive…
Study opportunities overseas
The School has a number of exchange programs with universities and research institutions in China,…
Graduate studies research reporting day
What are Research Reporting Days? Each year the School holds a Research Reporting Day, at which students are asked to speak briefly to their research in a public forum.
Comments from coursework students: postgraduate/graduate
Comments from some of our postgraduate students: Sarah Pasfield-Neofitou, Mari Morofushi, Chris Burgess, Tomiko Kato, Sachiko Yasuda, Satoko Thomas, Hitoshi Mabuchi, Helen Tse, Sanae Enomoto, Itsuko Tanaka