Welcome to the Japanese Studies Centre seminar series!
The seminars, unless noted otherwise, are held in the Japanese Studies Centre Auditorium.
Recent and forthcoming seminars:
- Please join us for this wonderful opportunity to hear a presentation by Professor David Howell of Harvard University! This event is co-sponsored with the Historical ... Read more
- Photos from the 30 May 2017 event “New Acquisitions for the Monash University Collection: Prints by Yuji Isa”The Japanese Studies Centre was pleased host the new Consul General of Japan, Mr. Kazuyoshi Matsunaga, to the Japanese Studies Centre to celebrate the donation ... Read more
- On 12 April, the Monash Japanese Studies staff and students gathered to welcome Dr. Satoshi Nambu to the school at a presentation, entitled -Ga or -O? ... Read more
- On 6 October 2016, the JSC joined forces with the Monash Asia Institute to host a seminar by Professor Seongbin Hwang of Rikkyo University. Title: Sleeping Together ... Read more
- On the 10th of August the JSC welcomed Dr Motoko Tanaka of Miyazaki Sangyo-keiei University for a presentation on apocalyptic themes in Japanese popular culture. Presentation ... Read more
- 25 May 2016 JSC Seminar: The Korean Wave in East Asia and Beyond, Problems and Positions: A Personal ViewStudents and staff from the library, LLCL, SOPHIS and the wider JSC community gathered on the 25th to hear Dr. Andrew Jackson speak about his ... Read more
- Photographs from the 23 March 2016 JSC seminar: Japanese Futures: Globalization and the Notion of a Heisei RestorationIt was great to bring together old and new faces at the Japanese Studies Centre in March. Professor Mouer’s presentation drew a large crowd! Abstract: Although ... Read more
- Exploring Japan through New Lenses: Emerging Themes in Japanese Studies. With a Keynote by Professor Tessa Morris-Suzuki Saturday 26th September, 2015 Japanese Studies Centre, 12 Ancora Imparo ... Read more