Welcome to the Japanese Studies Centre monthly seminar series!
The seminars are held in the Japanese Studies Centre Auditorium.
A light lunch will be served – RSVPs are appreciated but not required!
Recent and forthcoming seminars:
- Please join us in welcoming our newest Japanese Studies member on 12 April! -Ga or -O? Which one to use? Some facts from a corpus-based and ... Read more
- On 6 October 2016, the JSC joined forces with the Monash Asia Institute to host a seminar by Professor Seongbin Hwang of Rikkyo University. Title: Sleeping Together ... Read more
- On the 10th of August the JSC welcomed Dr Motoko Tanaka of Miyazaki Sangyo-keiei University for a presentation on apocalyptic themes in Japanese popular culture. Presentation ... Read more
- 25 May 2016 JSC Seminar: The Korean Wave in East Asia and Beyond, Problems and Positions: A Personal ViewStudents and staff from the library, LLCL, SOPHIS and the wider JSC community gathered on the 25th to hear Dr. Andrew Jackson speak about his ... Read more
- Photographs from the 23 March 2016 JSC seminar: Japanese Futures: Globalization and the Notion of a Heisei RestorationIt was great to bring together old and new faces at the Japanese Studies Centre in March. Professor Mouer’s presentation drew a large crowd! Abstract: Although ... Read more
- Exploring Japan through New Lenses: Emerging Themes in Japanese Studies. With a Keynote by Professor Tessa Morris-Suzuki Saturday 26th September, 2015 Japanese Studies Centre, 12 Ancora Imparo ... Read more
- Photos from Vera Mackie’s Memoirs of Reproductive Travel: Making Sense of Family Across Borders, 23 July 2015Memoirs of Reproductive Travel: Making Sense of Family Across Borders Vera Mackie University of Wollongong Since the late twentieth century, assisted reproductive technologies have brought new challenges ... Read more