Welcome to the Japanese Studies Centre monthly seminar series!
The seminars are held in the Japanese Studies Centre Auditorium.
A light lunch will be served – RSVPs are appreciated but not required!
Recent and forthcoming seminars:
- On 6 October 2016, the JSC joined forces with the Monash Asia Institute to host a seminar by Professor Seongbin Hwang of Rikkyo University. Title: Sleeping Together ... Read more
- On the 10th of August the JSC welcomed Dr Motoko Tanaka of Miyazaki Sangyo-keiei University for a presentation on apocalyptic themes in Japanese popular culture. Presentation ... Read more
- 25 May 2016 JSC Seminar: The Korean Wave in East Asia and Beyond, Problems and Positions: A Personal ViewStudents and staff from the library, LLCL, SOPHIS and the wider JSC community gathered on the 25th to hear Dr. Andrew Jackson speak about his ... Read more
- Photographs from the 23 March 2016 JSC seminar: Japanese Futures: Globalization and the Notion of a Heisei RestorationIt was great to bring together old and new faces at the Japanese Studies Centre in March. Professor Mouer’s presentation drew a large crowd! Abstract: Although ... Read more
- Exploring Japan through New Lenses: Emerging Themes in Japanese Studies. With a Keynote by Professor Tessa Morris-Suzuki Saturday 26th September, 2015 Japanese Studies Centre, 12 Ancora Imparo ... Read more
- Photos from Vera Mackie’s Memoirs of Reproductive Travel: Making Sense of Family Across Borders, 23 July 2015Memoirs of Reproductive Travel: Making Sense of Family Across Borders Vera Mackie University of Wollongong Since the late twentieth century, assisted reproductive technologies have brought new challenges ... Read more
- 13 May 2015 JSC Seminar: Cassandra Atherton’s “Give Back Peace That Will Never End: Hibakusha Poets as Public Intellectuals”The Japanese Studies Centre community welcomed our new affiliate from Deakin University, Dr. Cassandra Atherton, who spoke movingly of hibakusha (atomic bomb survivors) poetry in ... Read more