Study Abroad

Monash University has exchange agreements with twelve prominent universities in Japan. Students who want to study at a Japanese university with the benefit of credit transfer are invited to apply for the program.

If you are admitted, you will enrol in Monash University and study at a Japanese university. Since you will pay HECS or a tuition fee to Monash University, you need not pay tuition fees to the Japanese university. Accommodation is also provided by the Japanese university at a cost.

When you apply for admittance to a university, you will apply for a Japanese government scholarship (JASSO or Monkashoo-Japanese Studies) at the same time.

You may still study in Japan if you are not successful with the scholarship. In such cases, however, the student will have to finance himself/herself except for tuition fees.

Further information