Our teaching and research cover areas that are relevant around the globe. Apart from Monash University’s extensive connections with universities and institutions world wide, our School is building and maintaining collaborations and links with partners in several countries. As these partnerships are finalised they will be published here.
- Each year since 2001 Monash Journalism students have participated in Australian Consortium for ‘In-Country’ Indonesian Studies (ACICIS) program, which has a Journalism Professional (internship) Practicum (JPP) based in Jakarta. ACICIS is based at Murdoch University, but is a separate entity from Murdoch. Annually ACICIS puts a call out (around September) to its 21 member universities, ... Read more
- MoU signed with School of Oriental and African Studies (SOAS), University of London to include collaborative teaching on international fieldwork. An intensive joint international field school in ‘Tourism and Development’ will be offered by JAIS in association with the University of London (SOAS) in September 2013 to be held in Fiji. This 12 point Monash masters ... Read more
- Intensive unit taught at Prato campus in Australian Winter (European Summer) in July 2012 Joint ECPS (Film and Television) and NCAS unit Coordinators Dr Therese Davis and Dr Tony Moore Chief Examiner Dr Davis Guest Lecturer Dr Mark Gibson Handbook Entry: ATS3017 This 2nd/3rd year unit looks at international dimensions of Australian cultural production and its audiences. Students will study a ... Read more
- July/August 2012 NCAS Hosting visiting scholar from China, Li Xinxin, Xihua University Research Topic: ‘Studies on Some Australian Writers Influenced by 1960s/70s Counterculture in the Process of the Internationalization of Australian Literature— from the Perspectives of Frank Moorhouse and Kate Jennings.’ Responsible staff member Director, NCAS: Dr Tony Moore Read more
- Visiting Scholars NCAS leads a consortium of Australian Universities in coordinating this fellowship funded and organized by DFAT, in which two junior and two senior scholars visit Australia to undertake research projects. Monash/NCAS is the first base for the scholars and looks after their accommodation, travel and basic research orientation. Program Coordinated by NCAS Director Dr Tony ... Read more
- ‘Crossing Borders: Australia and the Global Circulation of Ideas’ International Australian Studies Association (InASA) 2012 Biennial Conference Monash University, Caulfield Campus. 5-6 December 2012 Conveners Associate Professor Christina Twomey and Dr Tony Moore Organisng Committee Dr Keir Reeves, Dr Liz Conor, Professor Jenny Hocking The 2012 InASA Conference, jointly hosted by Monash University’s History Department and its National Centre for Australian Studies, ... Read more
- Symposium and a Mini Film Festival. Monash University Prato Campus, 8-11 July 2012. Convened by School of English, Communications and Performance Studies and the National Centre for Australian Studies. Convenors Dr Therese Davis and Dr Tony Moore, Assoc Professor Mark Gibson and Dr Liz Conor Committee: Joseph Cheer Admin organisation Lea Riches (RA), Amber Thomas(faculty Events hub) and Prato staff. This ... Read more