Organisation Name: ISIT
Location: Paris, France
No. of places available: 1
About the Organisation
ISIT, a world leader in intercultural studies
Since 1957, ISIT has trained multilingual intercultural experts to join the global conversation.
ISIT is a non-profit of higher education institution granting government-accredited master’s degrees. Graduates pursue a wide range of careers in a variety of fields all over the world:
- in the marketing, communications, human resources, sales and purchasing departments of international companies;
- as translators, conference interpreters and lawyer-linguists for international organizations including the European Commission, UNESCO, the UN, and the European Court of Justice.
The research center at ISIT is actively involved in international research projects in the fields of translation studies, multilingual communication, intercultural management and intercultural legal communication.
ISIT is an active member of a number of international networks and cultivates close relationships with major international organizations, including the UN and the European Commission.
About the Internship
Role Description: Translation and Cross-cultural Communication Intern
Starting Date: Summer A/B
Duration: 12 weeks minimum – 6 months maximum
The internship will take place at ISIT and Itinéraires interculturels. At ISIT the intern will perform the following tasks and missions;
- translate pedagogical and communication documents and tools (according to
the language level of the intern)
- create digital and social network pages (Twitter, Linkedin, etc. ) for the
ISIT Research Directorate
- monitor the Internet for research news about translation, interpretation, cross cultural management and communication (new books, conferences and call for papers, etc.)
- write social media content for the ISIT Research Directorate; participate in the editorial committee of ISIT scientific online journal, and in ISIT research team meetings
- write meeting reports and working papers for the ISIT research team
- provide administrative support to the entrepreneurship programme
At Itinéraires interculturels, the intern will;
- translate and localize a SPOC into English
- Cooperate with the French » (translation of videos, web content, online quizz)
- take part in various publishing projects : update the book
- Communicate and cooperate with colleagues from multiple backgrounds and demonstrate cultural sensitivity
- translate and revise training presentations and pedagogical documents used in cross-cultural courses for French and international firms
- translate and revise Itinéraires Interculturels website.
The intern will be compensated at the French legal rate. The ratio
translation/communication activities may vary according to the intern’s interests.
Specific Skills and Experience Required
- Interested in cross-cultural communication
- Knowledge about and interest for the Asian countries specified in the publishing projects
- Translation and writing skills- especially for the web
- Interest in digital and social network communiciation
- Languages required- English (mother tongue if possible and French
- other languages would be an asset
Scholarships & Funding
This internship opportunity falls into the “Nicolas Baudin travel grant” initiative and it receives funding as outline lined below
- The Embassy finances the cost of the return flights from Australia to France and social security costs for the duration of the internship (up to 6 months).
- The host university in France provides the intern with a mandatory internship stipend (minimum of 554€ per month according to 2017 figures, subject to change).
For further information about available scholarships and funding please click on the links below:
How to Apply
Applications for the internship opportunity are submitted directly via the host portal online “Nicolas Baudin Program”
If your internship is confirmed then students needs to submit a self-sourced application.
Arts International Internship Projects at Prato
An exciting opportunity awaits students wishing to have an international work experience at Prato. Applications Opening on 19th March, 2018
Monash Indonesian Representative Office (MIRO) Intern
*Applications Still Open* Intern at Monash University’s Global Initiatives Office in Jakarta and gain valuable experience to add to your degree! Scholarships are currently available.
Public Outreach Intern at Saraswati
Applications opening on March 19th 2018
Internships available at Saraswati in 2018- Winter, Semester 2
Internship at Lingua Technologies – Singapore
Background: Lingua Technologies is a translation/localization company based in Singapore. They are offering Monash students … Continue reading Internship at Lingua Technologies – Singapore
Communications and PR Internship at Lowe Lintas- India
LinOpinion is the public relations division of Lowe Lintas & Partners, and one of the … Continue reading Communications and PR Internship at Lowe Lintas- India
Communications and Fundraising intern at Red Nose Foundation (Jakarta)
Background: Red Nose Foundation (RNF), or Yayasan Hidung Merah, is a non‐profit arts and education … Continue reading Communications and Fundraising intern at Red Nose Foundation (Jakarta)
Communications and Fundraising Intern at YUM (Jakarta)
Background: Founded in 1975, Yayasan Usaha Mulia (YUM)‐ Foundation for Noble Work‐ is a not‐for‐profit … Continue reading Communications and Fundraising Intern at YUM (Jakarta)
HR &Marketing Consulting Internship at People Solutions- Jakarta
Background: People Solutions is a leading executive search firm with offices across the Asia Pacific. … Continue reading HR &Marketing Consulting Internship at People Solutions- Jakarta
PR and International Campaigning Internship at Solidaritas Perempuan (Jakarta)
Background: Solidaritas Perempuan was established in 1990 and has the goal of promoting grassroots women’s … Continue reading PR and International Campaigning Internship at Solidaritas Perempuan (Jakarta)
IFAD-MDP Research Internships
Background: IFAD- MDP stands for International Fund for Agricultural Development – Master’s in Developmental Practice. IFAD is a … Continue reading IFAD-MDP Research Internships
Disaster Management Internship, Samoa
Background: The Disaster Management Ofice is a division within the Ministry of Natural Resources & … Continue reading Disaster Management Internship, Samoa
Advocacy and Research Internship at Indonesia Corruption Watch
Organisation Name: Indonesia Corruption Watch Position: Advocacy and Research Internship Location: Indonesia No. of places available: 1 About the … Continue reading Advocacy and Research Internship at Indonesia Corruption Watch