Background: Lingua Technologies is a translation/localization company based in Singapore. They are offering Monash students an opportunity to gain practical experience and deeper knowledge of Asia’s language business industry through working with their organisation as an intern.
Established in 1996, Lingua Technologies International is one of the pioneers in translation and localization in Singapore. Today, it is the leading language service provider and is among the most prominent ones in Singapore. The company offers turn-key localization solutions to both local and foreign government agencies, Fortune 500 companies as well as high-growth SMEs in the region and worldwide. More details…
TYPES OF INTERNSHIP OPPORTUNITIES AVAILABLE
Internship positions are available in the following core functions of their organization:
Interns Role will include all aspects of Project Management:
- Planning and management of translation projects
- Co-ordination of linguistic and other resources to achieve the successful completion of projects and jobs
- Ensure clients’ request are met
- Meet deadlines
- Quality Control of Project output
The functions above require an internship of at least 3 months for it to be beneficial to both yourself and the organization.
BENEFITS OF WORKING AT LINGUA TECHNOLOGIES INTERNATIONAL
- You will work closely with our staff and get first-hand insight into the dynamics of the Asian localization services industry
- An excellent training ground if you want to work in a multi-cultural environment
- Lingua Technologies International values the input of all staff at every level
- If you are interested in exploring career opportunities in Asia, Singapore is an excellent primer given its strategic location and cultural accessibility
A limited number of internship positions are available in any one period, throughout the year. Intake to the program is on a continuing basis from different parts of the world with no specific recruitment period.
While they welcome applicants from any relevant discipline, you should possess:
- A good academic background
- Strong written and verbal English language skill. Fluency in another Asian or European language is a definite advantage
- Strong communication skill
- High sense of professionalism and cross-cultural awareness
- Teamwork and cross-functional ability
- Strong interest/background in languages, localization solutions or any other fields related to Lingua Technologies International’s work scope
- Be computer proficient and familiar with Microsoft applications
Internships vary in duration between 3 months to 12 months and are dependent on the functions you are assigned to.
The program is normally full-time and you are expected to work five days a week (9.00 am to 6.00pm) in the position assigned.
You may be required to work more hours as the work dictates and work hours may be changed by the Company to meet its specific requirements.
Paid overseas interns receive an allowance of SGD1200 a month. This amount is sufficient to live comfortably in Singapore as a student. This allowance is not a salary and as such will not be subject to taxes.
Lingua Technologies International will arrange for your visa application and pay the fees to the government once your application to the program is approved.
Scholarships & Funding
For further information about available scholarships and funding please click on the links below:
How to Apply
*Applications must be submitted 3-6 months prior to intended start date*
Lingua Technologies requires the following included your application:
1. Period for which you will be available
2. Why you chose Lingua Technologies International
3. Something about yourself – including your age/ date of birth, nationality
4. Any past working experiences
5. Which aspect of Lingua Technologies International’s business you are most interested in
6. English speaking referees whom we could contact
7. Your recent photo taken within the last 3 months
Shortlisted candidates shall be invited for an interview. Following a telephone interview Lingua Technologies may ask you to do a short written test. Once selected, they will ask for various documents to obtain an immigration pass for you to live and work in Singapore. This usually takes about 4 – 6 weeks to process.
Pollinate Energy Fellowship Program – India
Applications now open for Winter Semester 2018! Exciting opportunities available to gain experience in social business models and environmentally sustainable solutions.
Victoria India Internship Program
Internships available in June/July 2018
In Flanders Fields Museum Internships – Belgium
WW1 Internship Positions with In Flanders Museum available this upcoming Winter and Semester 2! Applications open March 19th 2018
Advocacy and Research Internship at Indonesia Corruption Watch
Advocacy and Research intern opportunity at Indonesia Corruption Watch- Apply for Winter, Semester 2 2018- Applications opening March 19th 2018
Research and Translation Intern – Indonesian National Commission of Violence Against Women
Opportunities available in 2018. Intern at one of Indonesia’s three National Human Rights Institutions (NHRI), assisting with research and translation.
Social Media Intern at Suara.com in Jakarta, Indonesia
Social Media Internship opportunity available in 2018 in Jakarta, Indonesia
PR and International Campaigning Internship at Solidaritas Perempuan (Jakarta)
Solidaritas Perempuan has the goal of promoting grassroots women’s rights in the areas of migration, human trafficking, and HIV.- Internship opportunity for 2018. Applications for Winter and Semester 2 opening on March 19th 2018
Internships at Center for Indonesian Policy Studies
Discover the work of a think-tank whilst exploring the Indonesian culture.
Applications opening March 19th for Winter and Semester 2 2018
Austrade Internships – Paris
Interns can gain insight into the functions of a government Trade and Investment Promotion Agency and experience working in an Embassy or a Consulate environment. Applications open for September 2018 internships
Arts International Internship Projects at Prato
An exciting opportunity awaits students wishing to have an international work experience at Prato. Applications Opening on 19th March, 2018
Knowledge Hub Research Internship at Saraswati
Applications opening on March 19th 2018
Internships available at Saraswati in 2018- Winter, Semester 2
Internships at Documentation Centre of Cambodia (DC-CAM)
Internships available in 2018 at Documentation Centre of Cambodia (DC-CAM)