Organisation Name: POLIN Museum
Location: Warsaw, Poland
No. of places available: 2
Suitable Discipline/s: History, Human Rights, Jewish Studies, Holocaust & Genocide Studies, International Studies, International Relations
About the Organisation
Polin is a new museum that opened in Warsaw in October 2014. The museum is housed in a shimmering glass building erected on the site of the Warsaw Ghetto facing the dramatic monument erected atop the rubble left when the Nazis crushed the ghetto uprising in 1943. Described as a “theatre of history,” the core exhibit uses state-of-the-art technology and multimedia installations to narrate 1,000 years of Polish Jewish history. The exhibition’s eight thematic and chronological galleries detail the complex ebb and flow of Jewish life in Poland from the early middle ages to the present, including periods of prosperity as well as persecution. More details…
About the Internship/s
Starting Date: Flexible
Duration: 30 hours/week – 180 hours – 6 weeks, exact details to be confirmed when applicant has been chosen
There is an excellent education team working with interns to provide a meaningful experience. The intern will have an opportunity to run dialogue groups discussing Polish-Jewish relations, help with projects being implemented at the museum and it will provide a valuable opportunity for the intern.
This would appeal to students that are travelling on the Final Journey: Remembering the Holocaust study tour
There are two options that have been proposed for the successful applicant:
- To work in the Education department
- Helping create, in English, the material the guides use to help themselves give tours
- Various age groups
- Thematic tours
- Monitoring English tours
- To help the guides with their English
- Researching information that can be included in the material used by the guides
- Historical articles
- How guiding works at other museums
- Create handouts for the young docents who sit in the exhibition
- Vocab sheets of English terms for specific objects/events in the exhibition
- Proofreading English materials
- Become an assistant guide for family tours, groups with disabilities, VIP groups
- The museum guide will give a normal tour for the parents
- While the assistant guide looks after and engages the children
- While assisting in guiding the groups of people with disabilities: helping to bring and carry the materials
- While assisting with the VIP groups: giving them an additional tour of the Museum (telling them about the current program, different departments, Polish-Jewish relations)
- If they have previous guiding experience – sharing their knowledge of the way of doing things at other museums
- To work in the Digital Collections department:
- Virtual Shtetl
- Proofreading texts that have been translated
- Writing articles for Virtual Shtetl
- About Jewish life in various towns
- Possibility that during the regular academic year, while students are in Australia, they will interview members of their local Jewish community
- Oral Interviews
- Transcribe English interviews of witnesses of history
- Organize and assist with interviews
Scholarships & Funding
For further information about available scholarships and funding please click on the links below:
How to Apply
*Applications must be submitted 3-6 months prior to intended start date*
Internship at Saraswati
Intern at Saraswati this coming Summer Semester B 2018!
Monash Indonesian Representative Office (MIRO) Intern
*Applications Still Open* Intern at Monash University’s Global Initiatives Office in Jakarta and gain valuable experience to add to your degree! Scholarships are currently available.
Center for Indonesian Policy Studies Internship
Discover the work of a think-tank whilst exploring the Indonesian culture.
Victoria India Internship Program
The program is supported by the Victoria Government through the Department of Economic Development, Jobs, Transport and Resources.
Pollinate Energy Fellowship Program – India
Applications are still open for Pollinate Energy’s Fellowship Program in India for the Winter Semester! Exciting opportunities available to gain experience in social business models and environmentally sustainable solutions.
DC-CAM Internship – Cambodia
DC-Cam was established by Yale University’s Cambodia Genocide Program in 1995 and became an autonomous Cambodian
Research and Marketing Assistant Internships – KOTO Foundation Vietnam
Learn all about social enterprise in Vietnam, with the opportunity to intern with a not-for-profit KOTO.
English Language Assistant Internship – Ark Foreign Language Academy (Japan)
Help young individuals learn English by interning at Ark Foreign Language Academy (Japan) whilst gaining the opportunity to enhance your Japanese language skills in return.
Research and Translation Intern – Indonesian National Commission of Violence Against Women
Intern at one of Indonesia’s three National Human Rights Institutions (NHRI), assisting with research and translation.
Arts International Internship Projects at Prato
An exciting opportunity awaits students wishing to have an international work experience. Students planning to … Continue reading Arts International Internship Projects at Prato
Advocacy and Research Internship at Indonesia Corruption Watch
The key objective of the internship will be to use your relevant knowledge and skills to provide effective
In Flanders Fields Museum Internships – Belgium
WW1 Internship Positions with In Flanders Museum available this upcoming Semester 2!