Students enrolled in an Arts degree are able to gain academic credit and practical workplace experience through several work-integrated learning programs. Internships are an ideal way for the university to combine theoretical, classroom-based learning with experiential learning that prepares students for work in the real-world after the completion of their studies.
An internship is an experience in which a student learns by undertaking a responsible role as a worker in an organisation and by observing and reflecting on what happens while there. Internships are many things to many people. They can range from working with a member of State Parliament to working with teen-age runaways, to working in a hospital, behind the scenes at a television station or building a school in a developing nation. The possibilities are endless.
Internship Units in the Faculty of Arts allow undergraduate and post graduate students to obtain practical experience in their field prior to graduation, while also gaining academic credits towards their degree. The Faculty also supports students that wish to undertake internships as a ‘not for credit’ component of their degree.
- The primary role will be to conduct research, most likely into the politics of Human Rights at the national level. Read more
- The key objective of the internship will be to use your relevant knowledge and skills to provide effective Read more
- During late 2015 and early 2016 AJI will be conducting research into the representation of the LGBT community Read more
- Creative Innovation Global is looking for a great new intern with experience and interest in events, creative industries, Read more
- GEPI is part of a wider global initiative called the Global Entrepreneurship Program (GEP) Read more
- The Centre for Poverty Analysis (CEPA), a think tank from Sri Lanka in its efforts to launch a new research and policy program Read more
- LinOpinion is the public relations division of Lowe Lintas & Partners, and one of the country’s leading PR firms Read more
- We are looking to refresh our testimonials page and are keen to receive input from students who have recently completed an internship. Please send us an article about Read more
- Various destinations, Scholarships and more.. Read more
- Established in 2001, AFM Investment Partners is an independent financial services company.. Read more
- The Music Archive of Monash University (MAMU) is a physical and digital collection of musical instruments, scores, field recordings, and diverse other musical materials Read more