Students enrolled in an Arts degree are able to gain academic credit and practical workplace experience through several work-integrated learning programs. Internships are an ideal way for the university to combine theoretical, classroom-based learning with experiential learning that prepares students for work in the real-world after the completion of their studies.
An internship is an experience in which a student learns by undertaking a responsible role as a worker in an organisation and by observing and reflecting on what happens while there. Internships are many things to many people. They can range from working with a member of State Parliament to working with teen-age runaways, to working in a hospital, behind the scenes at a television station or building a school in a developing nation. The possibilities are endless.
Internship Units in the Faculty of Arts allow undergraduate and post graduate students to obtain practical experience in their field prior to graduation, while also gaining academic credits towards their degree.
- The Co.As.It. Museo Italiano (MI) and Italian Historical Society (IHS) are keen to collaborate with suitably qualified enthusiastic Read more
- This is an excellent opportunity for students to have some hands-on experience with the Glen Eira Historical Society. The Society was formed in 1972 as ... Read more
- The National Gallery of Victoria would like to offer a third year communications or public relations student the Read more
- The Aurora Native Title Internship Program places anthropology, archaeology, cultural heritage, environmental management, human geography, history and sociology Read more
- Register before 3rd August 2014 for the information session Read more
- The Lab, a branding and marketing strategy firm, is currently offering internships Read more
- Encounter a whole new culture, meet new people and open your mind to the world. Read more
- It is envisioned that the new Centre will be a place of learning, where young and old, from all walks of life, come together to ... Read more