The Social & Political Sciences Graduate Research Program encompasses a range of social science disciplines including Anthropology, Criminology, Gender Studies, Politics and International Relations and Sociology situated in the School of Social Sciences.
Our supervision activity contributes to key Faculty research strengths in all areas.
- In July 2015, as a result of her ground-breaking work on foreign fighters, Dara Conduit (Supervisor: Dr Ben MacQueen) was invited to address an expert Read more
- Under the leadership of Associate Dean International Dr Cecilia Hewlett, Criminology staff Dr Danielle Tyson and Dr Lennon Chang, Social and Political Sciences Graduate Program Director, Read more
- Emerita Professor Lois Bryson received her PhD in sociology at Monash University in 1970. Throughout a distinguished career, she published on social policy, gender, work, the welfare state and women’s Read more
- Last week, Shirin Malek Pour, from the Human Geography cohort, won the Faculty of Arts 3MT Thesis competition. Shirin’s presentation focused on possible planning interventions towards Read more
- In 2014, Social and Political Sciences Program Director, Associate Professor JaneMaree Maher, was the winner of 2014 Dean’s Award for Excellence in Higher Degree by Research Supervision, Faculty of Arts. This award Read more
- We congratulate Dr Vicki Elizabeth Hutton, from Behavioural Studies on receiving the 2013 Faculty of Arts Mollie Holman Medal for Doctoral Excellence. Vicki’s work looked at the significance Read more