Information for Applicants
Current PhD and research master’s candidates in the Faculty of Arts may also be eligible for a host of scholarships offered by Monash and the Faculty of Arts.
Where eligible, applicants who complete the Postgraduate Research Scholarships online application form can automatically be considered for the following Faculty of Arts scholarships, :
- Monash University Scholarships (MIGR link)
- Faculty of Arts Research Scholarship
- Faculty of Arts International Postgraduate Research Scholarship
Step 1 – Check scholarship eligibility (MIGR link)
Step 2 – Prepare a research proposal
Step 3 – Determine and consult the relevant graduate research program
Step 4 – Identify appropriate supervisor/s for the proposed research
Step 5 – Complete an Expression of Interest form (all forms must be submitted 4 weeks before the closing date)
Please note that applicants are required to make contact with their prospective supervisor before they complete an Expression of Interest form.
Consultation with Monash staff will help to streamline the application process and improve the quality of the application itself. Staff members can provide the following assistance:
- assessment of an applicant against the relevant scholarship selection criteria
- refinement of the applicant’s research proposal
- identification of appropriate supervisor/s for the applicant’s research
- advice on the documentation to submit in support of an application
Applications without an Invitation to Apply will not be considered by the Faculty.
Application closing date
Applications for Monash scholarships close on 31 October (end-of-year round) and 31 May (mid-year round) each year.
If you are unable to submit an application via this online process please contact the Research Degrees Admission Unit at the Monash Institute of Graduate Research via email at email@example.com.