Prospective Master’s by research and PhD candidates are required to submit a research proposal with their application.
In order to assess your proposal and identify a suitable supervisory team, the Faculty of Arts would like you to submit a research proposal of three or more pages in length addressing as many of the questions listed below as possible.
Proposed title of project:
Description of proposed project
- What is the topic area?
- What motivated your interest in this particular area?
- What field or fields of knowledge does it engage with?
- What are the key questions you wish to explore?
- What are the aims of this project?
- What works or materials will be involved (e.g. texts, interview data etc.)?
- What methodologies are involved (e.g. discourse analysis, textual analysis, interviewing etc)?
- What key thinkers or critical works are important for this topic?
- How would you characterise the contribution to knowledge (e.g. filling a gap in the field, revising existing understandings etc)?
- What do you see as the outcomes of this research?
This will demonstrate that you have done a preliminary search of the literature currently available in your proposed research area.
How to Apply
How to apply – for an Arts Research Degree. The application process involves 8 steps.
Arts Research Graduate School Staff
Current HDR students should contact the Higher Degree by Research Team member in their relevant School….
English Language Requirements for Arts Research Candidates
In addition to meeting the academic entry requirements, international applicants must also meet the English…
For details about our Telephone, Email and Location maps………