The staff of Geography and Environmental Science teach an exciting array of units as part of several different undergraduate degree courses. The teaching areas of our School are very diverse, reflecting our diverse research strengths. You can study topics ranging from climatology to resource management, and from aboriginal archaeology to sustainable cities. A large number of our units involve field trips, taking students on short excursions in the Melbourne area or on longer trips to outback Australia, South Africa, or Italy.
Find Out More:
- Section 1 – Intro and how to begin Section 2 – Writing the Essay Section 3 – Reference list or Bibliography Section 4 – Criteria and check list Appendix A – Library guide and useful sites Appendix B – Academic reading and note-taking Appendix C – Cartographic conventions Appendix D – Marking sheet criteria example Read more
- A new and exciting unit will be added to the School of Geography and Environmental Science in 2013 at both a 3rd and 4th year level titled “Geopolitics of Climate Change.” The unit will be offered during second semester . For more information about the unit, please visit the unit handbook entry. Read more
- The School offers postgraduate prizes in recognition of academic achievements of students in Geography. Best environmental essay (Howard Brown Prize) $250.00 and a certificate Best PG internship project of the year $250.00 and a certificate Criteria: A combination of difficulty and creativity, feedback from the host organisation, and quality of analysis and presentation of the student’s final report. Open to ... Read more
- First Year Howard Brown Prize: Mr Chuan Yeap Academic Excellence Prizes: Ms Amanda Cohen and Ms Jasmine Thom Second Year Jim Peterson Prize: Mrs Erika Duncan-Horner Academic Excellence Prizes: Mr Adam Hourigan and Mr Gian Chakravorty Third Year Chris Maher Prize: Ms Sylvia Tawfik Academic Excellence Prizes: Ms Emma Palmer and Mr William Candish Honours J.S. Duncan Prize: Ms Caitlin Moore Other Best Environmental Essay Howard Brown Prizes: Mr Stephen Stewart Best PG internship project of the ... Read more
- First Year Howard Brown Prize: Ms Nicola Dunn Academic Excellence Prizes: Ms Stephanie Schlipper and Mr Matthew Bell Second Year Jim Peterson Prize: Ms Tiffany Harrison Academic Excellence Prizes: Ms Sylvia Tawfik and Ms Jennifer Morris Third Year Chris Maher Prize: Ms Tricia Watts Academic Excellence Prizes: Ms Lucy Farrar, Ms Emma White and Mr Christopher Varney Honours J.S. Duncan Prize: Mr Stephen Balharrie Other Best Environmental ... Read more