How to Apply
Domestic internal Monash applicants
For current students, DO NOT wait until your final results are released and your degree is completed – you should apply during your final semester and prior to the deadline, and we will process your application.
Domestic external applicants
You will need to upload the following scanned documents as part of your online application:
- a transcript of results of your current or completed undergraduate study, and proof of completion of your undergraduate degree;
- transcripts of results of any overseas study (Study Abroad/Exchange) you have completed (if applicable);
- proof of identity and citizenship (birth certificate or passport).
If you receive a Conditional Offer, you will be required to mail certified hard copies of these documents to the Admissions unit as part of the application process – information about this will be provided in the offer letter. Please note that Monash DOES NOT accept documents certified by Australia Post staff.
Honours in Music
External applicants for Honours in Music will need to apply online AND undertake an audition process – for further information, please see Music Honours. Semester 1 entry only.
Honours in Psychology
Applicants for Honours in Psychology need to apply directly to the Faculty of Medicine, Nursing and Health Sciences, and meet their deadline for applications. Semester 1 entry only.
(NOT to the Faculty of Arts)
All International applicants must apply through International Recruitment Services, at least 2 months prior to the course commencing.
For further international inquiries, contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Monash Undergraduate Qualifications
Applicants who have completed a Monash bachelor’s degree with an Arts major, or a Monash bachelor’s degree with a major within an Arts undergraduate diploma, qualify for admission into the Arts Honours program provided that:
- You have completed the degree (or the degree and diploma) requirements and are eligible to graduate;
- You have completed an approved Arts major sequence (at least 48 points covering studies at first, second and third year levels) within your chosen Honours area(s) of study;
- You have obtained an average of 70% or more in units in your chosen Honours area(s) of study to the value of 24 points at third year level.
Additional Requirements for Double Degree Applicants
In addition to the criteria outlined above, applicants who are enrolled in a Monash double degree and who have not yet completed the requirements for the double qualification must have completed 144 points of study, including the normal requirements for the Bachelor of Arts component of their degree.
Qualifications from other Tertiary Institutions
Applicants who have completed (or are completing) a three-year bachelor’s degree at a tertiary institution other than Monash University must:
- Provide a certified copy of your academic transcript
- Include supporting documentation regarding the content of your course
- Have your course content approved as an acceptable, or equivalent, major by the School in which you will study
- Have obtained an average of 70% in units in the chosen Honours area(s) of study to the value of 24 points at third year level.
Note: Students who apply for Honours in Theatre and Performance may be granted admission on the basis of the Head of School’s approval and a combination of the above and relevant experience.
Additional Requirements for External Bachelor of Music (Honours) Applicants
In addition to the criteria outlined above, external applicants must undertake an audition/composition submission process.
For more information, please refer to Music Auditions.