Different deadlines apply for domestic and international applicants.
30 June for Mid-year Entry (for disciplines that offer mid-year entry – please click HERE for a list of disciplines that DO NOT offer mid-year entry).
30 September for Semester 1 entry with an outcome prior to Christmas.
30 November for Semester 1 entry with an outcome before the end of January.
Honours in Psychology:
31 October for Psychology applicants.
Applicants need to apply to the Faculty of Medicine, Nursing and Health Sciences.
Honours in Music:
30 September for Music applicants – applicants who have not previously studied at Monash must also go through an audition process.
Applicantions for all courses should reach International Recruitment Services at least two months prior to the course commencement date.
Information relating to admission, enrolment and candidature matters for Honours can be found in the Faculty of Arts Honours Guidelines.
- Arts Honours Degrees Honours degree of Bachelor of Arts (Caulfield, Clayton) Honours degree of Bachelor of Arts (Malaysia) Honours degree of Bachelor of Arts and Social Sciences Honours degree of Bachelor of Communication (Berwick, Caulfield, Clayton) Honours degree of Bachelor of Communication (Malaysia) Honours degree of Bachelor of Journalism Honours degree of Bachelor of Music Honours degree of Bachelor of Performing Arts Honours degree ... Read more
- How to Apply Domestic internal Monash applicants Students that are currently studying or have previously studied at Monash University, please Apply Here. Domestic external applicants If you have never previously studied at Monash University, please Apply Here. Honours in Music External applicants for Honours in Music will also need to go through an audition process. For further information, please see Music Honours. Honours ... Read more
- Anthropology In its broadest sense, anthropology is the study of all things human. It explores all aspects of humanity – everything from cultures, behaviours and communication to evolution, social structures and relationships. In recent years, there have been major social and political movements throughout the world in which people are stressing a sense of community, shared ... Read more
- Schools School of English, Communications and Performance Studies School of Geography and Environmental Science School of Philosophical, Historical and International Studies Monash European and EU Centre School of Languages, Culture and Linguistics School of Political and Social Inquiry School of Journalism and Australian Studies Sir Zelman Cowen School of Music Faculty of Arts and Design: Department of Theory of Arts & Design School of Applied ... Read more
- Study Part of your Honours Program Overseas Through study abroad and exchange you can go to just about any country in the world. Monash Arts has exchange partnerships with over 120 international universities. We have campuses in South Africa and Malaysia, and a teaching centre in Prato, Italy. See Monash Arts Overseas Study Opportunities. You can apply ... Read more
- Scholarships on offer Australian Centre for Jewish Civilisation Honours Scholarship Faculty of Arts Honours Merit Scholarship Faculty of Arts Honours Study Assistance Bursary Faculty of Arts Honours Disadvantaged Student Study Assistance Bursary Homer LeGrand Student Assistance Scholarship – Faculty Award Joseph Gioscio Italian Scholarship Monash Gippsland Honours Scholarship Monash SAMSS Honours Scholarship Monash Jubilee Honours Scholarships Monash Vice-Chancellor’s Honours-PhD Scholarships Monash Yoshida Scholarship Peter Kerr Scholarship Zyga and ... Read more
- Complementary study Through complementary study you can study units at another Australian university as part of your Monash Arts course. You can do this if the unit is not offered by the Faculty of Arts at Monash in a particular semester and your course structure permits. As an honours student you can complete a maximum of 12 points ... Read more
- Can you undertake concurrent studies? Normally, Honours candidates are not permitted to undertake studies in another course concurrently with their honours enrolment. Students may be given permission by the Faculty of Arts Honours Convenor to undertake concurrent study under the following special circumstances: a) Candidates in a double degree program You are permitted to enrol in the Arts Honours ... Read more
- Credit may be awarded for previously completed units at level four, or equivalent, at the discretion of the Faculty of Arts Honours Convenor, who will liaise with the Honours Coordinator in the relevant area of study. The maximum amount of credit that you may receive is 50% (or 24 points), which will not include the research ... Read more
- The following disciplines DO NOT offer mid-year (Semester 2) entry for Honours: Anthropology Archaeology, Ancient History and Classical Studies Australian Indigenous Studies Behavioural Studies Comparative Literature and Cultural Studies Criminology Drama and Theatre Studies English Gender Studies History International Studies Jewish Civilisation Journalism Religion and Theology Sociology European and European Union Studies Mid-year entry is only available with the approval of the Discipline Honours Convenor. Psychology Managed by the Faculty of Medicine, Nursing and ... Read more