How to Apply
Domestic internal Monash applicants
For current students, DO NOT wait until your final results are released and your degree is completed – you should apply during your final semester and prior to the deadline, and we will process your application.
Domestic external applicants
You will need to upload the following scanned documents as part of your online application:
- a transcript of results of your current or completed undergraduate study, and proof of completion of your undergraduate degree;
- transcripts of results of any overseas study (Study Abroad/Exchange) you have completed (if applicable);
- proof of identity and citizenship (birth certificate or passport).
If you receive a Conditional Offer, you will be required to mail certified hard copies of these documents to the Admissions unit as part of the application process – information about this will be provided in the offer letter. Please note that Monash DOES NOT accept documents certified by Australia Post staff.
Honours in Music
External applicants for Honours in Music will need to apply online AND undertake an audition process – for further information, please see Music Honours. Semester 1 entry only.
Honours in Psychology
Applicants for Honours in Psychology need to apply directly to the Faculty of Medicine, Nursing and Health Sciences, and meet their deadline for applications. Semester 1 entry only.
Applicants for Honours in Psychology please apply here…
(NOT to the Faculty of Arts)
All International applicants must apply through International Recruitment Services, at least 2 months prior to the course commencing.
For further international inquiries, contact Lyn Carter: Lyn.Carter@monash.edu (Clayton and Caulfield).
Monash Undergraduate Qualifications
Applicants who have completed a Monash bachelor’s degree with an Arts major, or a Monash bachelor’s degree with a major within an Arts undergraduate diploma, qualify for admission into the Arts Honours program provided that:
- You have completed the degree (or the degree and diploma) requirements and are eligible to graduate;
- You have completed an approved Arts major sequence (at least 48 points covering studies at first, second and third year levels) within your chosen Honours area(s) of study;
- You have obtained an average of 70% or more in units in your chosen Honours area(s) of study to the value of 24 points at second and third year levels, 18 points of which must be at third year level.
Additional Requirements for Double Degree Applicants
In addition to the criteria outlined above, applicants who are enrolled in a Monash double degree and who have not yet completed the requirements for the double qualification must have completed 144 points of study, including the normal requirements for the Bachelor of Arts component of their degree.
Qualifications from other Tertiary Institutions
Applicants who have completed (or are completing) a three-year bachelor’s degree at a tertiary institution other than Monash University must:
- Provide a certified copy of your academic transcript
- Include supporting documentation regarding the content of your course
- Have your course content approved as an acceptable, or equivalent, major by the School in which you will study
- Have obtained an average of 70% in units in the chosen Honours area(s) of study to the value of 24 points at second and third year levels, 18 points of which must be at third year level (or equivalent for your tertiary institution).
Note: Students who apply for Honours in Theatre and Performance may be granted admission on the basis of the Head of School’s approval and a combination of the above and relevant experience.
Additional Requirements for External Bachelor of Music (Honours) Applicants
In addition to the criteria outlined above, external applicants must undertake an audition/composition submission process.
For more information, please refer to Music Auditions.
Honours School and Discipline Coordinators
Honours Enquiries, Admissions and Administration ask.monash online enquiry system: http://ask.monash.edu phone: 9902 6011 Faculty of … Continue reading Honours School and Discipline Coordinators
Information sessions for prospective Honours students
Schools and disciplines within the Faculty of Arts will hold information sessions during Semester 2, … Continue reading Information sessions for prospective Honours students
Units at other institutions
Complementary Study (studying units at another Australian university) is not permitted in the Arts Honours … Continue reading Units at other institutions
Mid-year entry is your opportunity to start your degree in July. You don’t have to … Continue reading Mid-year entry
Honours at Monash Arts
Closing Dates Different deadlines apply for domestic and international applicants. Domestic Applicants: 30 June for … Continue reading Honours at Monash Arts
Honours Degrees and Structure
Arts Honours Degrees Honours degree of Bachelor of Arts (Caulfield, Clayton) Honours degree of Bachelor … Continue reading Honours Degrees and Structure
Honours Areas of Study
Ancient Cultures Ancient Cultures combines the former areas of study of Archaeology & Ancient History … Continue reading Honours Areas of Study
Study Part of your Honours Program Overseas Through study abroad and exchange you can go … Continue reading Study Overseas
The Faculty of Arts and Monash University offer a range of scholarships and bursaries to … Continue reading Scholarships
Normally, Honours candidates are not permitted to undertake studies in another course concurrently with their … Continue reading Concurrent studies
Credit for previous study
Credit may be awarded for previously completed units at level four, or equivalent, at the … Continue reading Credit for previous study