How to Apply
Domestic internal Monash applicants
Students that are currently studying or have previously studied at Monash University, please Apply Here.
Domestic external applicants
If you have never previously studied at Monash University, please Apply Here.
Honours in Music
External applicants for Honours in Music will also need to go through an audition process.
For further information, please see Music Honours.
Honours in Psychology
Applicants for Honours in Psychology need to apply to the Faculty of Medicine, Nursing and Health Sciences.
Please Apply Here, not to the Faculty of Arts.
All international students must apply through International Recruitment Services – apply as an international student.
For further international inquiries, contact Lyn Carter: Lyn.Carter@monash.edu (Clayton and Caulfield).
Monash Undergraduate Qualifications
Applicants who have completed a Monash bachelor’s degree with an Arts major, or a Monash bachelor’s degree with a major within an Arts undergraduate diploma, qualify for admission into the Arts Honours program provided that:
- You have completed the degree (or the degree and diploma) requirements are are eligible to graduate
- You have completed an approved Arts major sequence (48 points of more covering studies at first, second and third year levels) within your chosen Honours area(s) of study
- You have obtained an average of 70% or more in units in your chosen Honours area(s) of study to the value of 24 points at second and third year levels, 18 points of which must be at third year level.
Additional Requirements for Double Degree Applicants
In addition to the criteria outlined above, applicants who are enrolled in a double degree and who have not yet completed the requirements for the double qualification must have completed 144 points of study, including the normal requirements for the Bachelor of Arts component of their degree.
Qualifications from other Tertiary Institutions
Applicants who have completed a three year bachelor’s degree at a tertiary institution other than Monash University must:
- Provide a certified copy of your academic transcript
- Include supporting documentation regarding the content of your course
- Have your course content approved as an acceptable, or equivalent, major by the School in which you will study
- Have obtained an average of 70% in units in the chosen Honours area(s) of study to the value of 24 points at second and third year levels, 18 points of which must be at third year level.
Note: Students who apply for Honours in Theatre and Performance or the Honours Degree of Bachelor of Performing Arts may be granted admission on the basis of the Head of School’s approval and a combination of the above and relevant experience.
Additional Requirements for External Bachelor of Music (Honours) Applicants
In addition to the criteria outlined above, external applicants must complete an audition/composition submission. For more information, please refer to Music Auditions.
Honours at Monash Arts
Closing Dates Different deadlines apply for domestic and international applicants. Domestic Applicants: 30 June for…
Honours Degrees and Structure
Arts Honours Degrees Honours degree of Bachelor of Arts (Caulfield, Clayton) Honours degree of Bachelor…
Honours Areas of Study
Anthropology In its broadest sense, anthropology is the study of all things human. It explores…
Faculty of Arts Honours Convenor Dr Vicki PeelVicki.Peel@monash.edu9903 4035 Honours Recruitment, Admissions and Administration http://ask.monash.edu9902…
Study Part of your Honours Program Overseas Through study abroad and exchange you can go…
Scholarships on offer Australian Centre for Jewish Civilisation Honours Scholarship Faculty of Arts Honours Merit…
Units at other institutions
Complementary study Through complementary study you can study units at another Australian university as part…
Can you undertake concurrent studies? Normally, Honours candidates are not permitted to undertake studies in…
Credit for previous study
Credit may be awarded for previously completed units at level four, or equivalent, at the…
Mid-Year (Semester 2) entry for Honours
The following disciplines DO NOT offer mid-year (Semester 2) entry for Honours: Anthropology Archaeology, Ancient…