French at Monash
The French Studies program is designed to enable students to develop a high level of communicative competence in the French language (including translation skills and specialised registers such as business French), and a critical awareness of fundamental areas of French studies: literature, film, philosophy, politics, cultural studies and linguistics. Students will develop writing and research skills appropriate to advanced independent study. To determine your level of proficiency and which stream you should enrol in, take our Placement Test.
Australian Journal of French Studies
The French Studies program at Monash is the home of the Australian Journal of French Studies. 2013 marked the fiftieth anniversary of the foundation of the journal, and to celebrate this milestone a 25% discount is being offered to new institutional subscribers. Also, the editor has made a selection of some of the most notable articles from the journal’s history, which Liverpool University Press is delighted to make available free of charge online for a limited time. See: www.liverpooluniversitypress.co.uk/AJFS50
The Australian Journal of French Studies is an international, peer reviewed journal devoted to French literature, culture, society and history. There are three issues per year. The journal encourages new theoretical engagements and particularly welcomes interdisciplinary approaches. Articles are published in English and French. The majority of issues are focussed on a specific theme, but issues on miscellaneous topics are usually published annually. Articles for publication and proposals for special issues, and any editorial enquiries, should be addressed to the editor. See the journal page for news of recent and forthcoming numbers.
- This morning the Radio National Books and Arts Daily book club was devoted to Gustave Flaubert’s Madame Bovary, one of the most powerful, thought-provoking and ... Read more
- A brief article appeared on the Forbes website in March 2014 suggesting that French could well be the language of the future. While prudent readers will ... Read more
- Over the years, Monash University Library has acquired many of the winners of the major annual French literary awards, including the most famous of them ... Read more
- Confused about which French unit to enroll in, or which French culture component to take within that unit? If you are an absolute beginner, you enroll in ... Read more
- The new CEFR Website homepage The School of Languages, Literatures, Cultures and Linguistics at Monash has recently adopted the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages ... Read more
- Non Award Courses French courses offered by the Monash Short Courses Centre Special purpose courses French for Business Read more