Film and Screen Studies at Monash involves historical, textual and critical approaches to film and television.
We cover Australian, Asian and European national cinemas, earlier and contemporary popular Hollywood, alternative film and video, documentary film, Australian television, popular television genres and video practice.
Our school emphasises the variety of historical and critical modes of analysing film and television, and we encourage students to combine their film and television studies with other relevant and compatible units within the Faculty of Arts.
- India In Flux: Living Resistance at Melbourne International Film Festival 2014 is the first public presentation of a curated Indian documentary film programme in Australia. Co-curator ... Read more
- The School of Media, Film and Journalism is proud to host a special preview of Transmission: The Journey from AIDS to HIV. The screening will be introduced by Staffan ... Read more
- Monash University senior lecturer in Film and Screen Studies, Dr Olivia Khoo, has edited a newly published book, Sinophone Cinemas, with colleague Audrey Yue. Sinophone Cinemas considers ... Read more
- The School of English, Communications and Performance Studies would like to congratulate Joel Lazar on winning the 2012 Monash Poetry Prize with his poem As Far ... Read more
- PhD Top-up scholarship opportunity: Assessing the Impact of MONA on the Local and Regional Cultural EconomyPhD Top-up scholarship opportunity: Assessing the Impact of MONA on the Local and Regional Cultural Economy Faculty/School: School of English, Communications and Performance Studies, Faculty of ... Read more
- Transcultural. Transnational. Transformation. seeing, writing and reading performance across cultures 2011Australasian Association for Theatre, Drama and Performance Studies Conference 28 June – 1 July 2011, Monash University, Clayton Campus The 2011 Australasian Association for Theatre, Drama and Performance ... Read more
- To coincide with Malthouse Theatre’s staging of the play Sappho…in 9 fragments, Monash University, Malthouse threate and the Australasian Classical Reception Studies Network are hosting a ... Read more
- The Performance Research Unit presented its inaugural symposium and masterclass on performance as research. The two day event had a specific focus on how questions ... Read more