The Centre promotes top quality research on Europe, the European Union (EU) and the region’s global role, and encourages international research exchanges and collaborations between Australia and Europe.
Centre members, associate members, fellows and distinguished visiting professors share a common interest in Europe, from varied academic backgrounds: history, political science, sociology, linguistics, business and economics and law. They are active in the world of publishing not only as authors of internationally acclaimed books and articles in leading refereed journals but also as series editors or referees. They publish widely on Europe (past and present), the EU in the world, international relations, EU law, European and comparative private law, European identity, European civilization and modernity and other topical themes relevant to our contemporary world. Researchers benefit from the excellent facilities of the Monash University Library and the Centre’s academic networks.
Key Research Projects
- Combining the analyses of historians and political scientists with the insights of practitioners, this project, led by Professor Pascaline Winand, aims to examine the role and ... Read more
- This project was initiated by the Monash European and EU Centre and benefits from the collaboration of: Monash Sustainability Institute, Monash University Centre for Green Chemistry, Monash ... Read more
- This research project, led by Professor Pascaline Winand, analyzes US/EC/EU relations from World War II to the present. One of its main objectives is to gain ... Read more
- Transnational Elites at the European and Transatlantic Level, European unity and the Atlantic CommunityLed by Pascaline Winand, this project studies public and private interest groups in the EC/EU, including European associations and promotion groups for Europe, and, more generally, ... Read more
- This project initiated by Dr Natalie Doyle analyses the impact of Muslim minorities in European countries. It looks at how Islam, as second religion in Europe, ... Read more
- EU External Relations and Climate Change: A Critical Discourse Analysis in China and the Middle EastAlfonso Martínez Arranz conducts research on how the European Union (EU) considers climate change in its relations with China and the Middle East. China will soon ... Read more
- Dr Patrick Kimunguyi is involved in a trans-national research project on the ‘Visibility of the European Union as a Development Actor in the South and East Africa, ... Read more