Nominations close 22 November 2013.
The Dean offers an annual award in recognition of exceptional performance by members of professional staff. A total amount up to $4,000 will be distributed amongst recipients of the awards, with individual amounts being determined by the selection committee. The awards will be presented by the Dean at an official ceremony. Winners of the Dean’s award will be nominated by the Faculty for the Vice Chancellor’s Award.
The awards are intended to recognise the contributions of professional staff which exceed the normal requirements of their substantive positions. Nominations are particularly encouraged from work teams, which may involve a group of staff from one or more than one campus. Where some team members have changed, the significant focus of the teams’ activity must have been sustained over three years. Individuals who have not been in the same substantive position for at least three years will be considered for the Dean’s award but may not be eligible for nomination for the Vice Chancellor’s award until the following year.
All professional staff who are on contracts or in continuing positions and have been employed by the University for at least three calendar years are eligible for nomination.
Awards will be made on the basis of one or more of the following criteria:
- contribution to the delivery of Monash Futures (eg. supporting academic strengthening, improved services, research strategy, campus enhancement or Passport Mark II)
- improvement in service provision
- provision of a high quality environment for students and/or staff
- advantage gained through the use of technology
- initiatives resulting in process efficiencies or cost containment
- contribution to seamless operations in faculty administration
Work teams or individuals may be nominated either by the head of their administrative unit or by a staff member outside the department or area in which they work. Documentation making a case for the work team or individual should include:
- a completed nomination cover sheet
- a statement of no more than 3 pages outlining the achievements of the work team or individual in relation to one or more of the criteria (see above). Team nominations should briefly indicate the role of each team member in achieving the overall results
- supporting documentation of no more than 3 pages in total from any of the following as appropriate:
- external or internal clients of the work team or individual
- individual members of academic or general staff
- students or graduates
- an appropriate professional body
Total documentation in addition to the cover sheet must not exceed six (6) pages.
The awards will be determined by the Dean’s Advisory Committee.
Nominations close 22 November 2013.
Nominations are to be sent to:
- electronically to Corrie McKee, and
- 8 hardcopies with all accompanying attachments to:
Faculty of Arts
Level 1, Building 11
The selection committee will consider nominations against the selection criteria, and rank the nominations of teams and of individuals separately. Short listed nominees may be asked to make a brief presentation about their work and achievements to the committee.
For further information, please contact Corrie McKee ext 52100.
The Dean Sessional Commendations (Staff)
The Dean’s Sessional Commendations are intended to recongnise and support the work done by our sessional teaching staff in the Faculty …
The Dean’s Recognition Awards (Student)
The Dean’s Recognition Awards are awarded to high-achieving undergraduate students in the Faculty of Arts for Semester 1 or 2 …
The Faculty of Arts Teaching and Learning Awards and Citations (Staff)
The Faculty of Arts recognises outstanding teaching achievements by offering Teaching and Learning Awards and Citations. Staff can apply for …
The Sir John Monash Medal (Student)
The Sir John Monash Medal for Outstanding Achievement is awarded to final year undergraduate students with excellent academic records who have…
The Vice-Chancellor’s Award for Teaching Excellence (Staff)
The Vice-Chancellor’s Awards are awarded to acknowledge excellence in teaching/ research/performance by Monash staff. The Vice-Chancellor’s …
The Vice-Chancellor’s Award for Exceptional Performance by Professional Staff
The Vice-Chancellor offers annual awards in recognition of exceptional performance by members of professional staff which are equivalent to the …
Recognition of Excellence Policy (Student)
For information on the Recognition of Excellence Policy…
The Faculty of Arts award excellence and outstanding performance by offering a variety of awards…
Dean’s Sessional Commendations Faculty Award for Programs that Enhance Learning Faculty Awards for Teaching Excellence…