Date(s) - 29 Nov 2012 until 30 Nov 2012
12:00 AM - 12:00 AM
Monash University Clayton Campus
Far from being concerned solely with recorded facts and observable phenomena, academic research shares with literature and drama a desire to understand the world through forms of narrative that tell us who we are and explore the worlds in which we live.
The ECPS Postgraduate Colloquium for 2012, Investigator/Narrator, invites contributions from postgraduate students across all ECPS disciplines to share the narratives they have uncovered, or are themselves creating through their own form of critical inquiry.
Call for Papers/Presentations
Contributions may take the form of written papers, oral presentations, or performance pieces, which may address – but are by no means limited to – the following topics:
- New media as a narrative form
- Narrative and the public/private sphere
- Audience and narrative
- Investigating critical theory through narrative
- Storytelling as methodology
- Historical perspectives on narrative
- Narrative and identity
- Globalised dimensions to narrative
- Culture in/as narrative
- Performance and narrative
- Creative writing as critical inquiry
- Narrative form in aesthetic criticism
Please email presentation proposals of no more than 200-words, along with a 50-word biographical note, to email@example.com by Monday 8 October 2012.