Welcome to the School of English, Communications and Performance Studies (ECPS). Our diverse and exciting programs enable students both to explore specialised areas and disciplines and to make interdisciplinary links across them.
Our school brings together traditional scholarly approaches with innovative new ways of thinking and working – across a variety of creative, cultural and performance areas of study. Our undergraduate programs offer opportunities to study film and television, communications and media, literature, creative writing and theatre and performance and/or a combination of these.
Many of our academic staff have national and international research reputations in their fields of expertise. Our teaching programs and research profiles engage with contemporary issues such as:
- Digital technologies and media,
- The relevance of the humanities to contemporary society,
- How literary and cultural texts circulate in national and global economies,
- The impact and value of creativity,
- The nature and value of the aesthetic.
- International reputation,
- Cross-disciplinary approaches combined with disciplinary depth,
- Excellence in teaching,
- Supportive environment,
- Access to grants and scholarships,
- Cutting-edge and traditional facilities,
- Engagement with theory and practice,
- We value creativity,
- Courses offered at Prato campus, and
- Global engagement and opportunities for international experience.