It is possible to undertake overseas research as part of your postgraduate by coursework or Honours course. Upon approval, you will receive a Monash Abroad Travel Scholarship and Monash University Travel Insurance. You will need to complete the following steps before you make your travel arrangements:
- Discuss research proposal and ethics approval processes with your supervisor.
- Complete Arts Risk Register and planning documentation and submit for approval to School Safety Officer (course coordinator to advise).*
- Submit all documentation to course coordinator for school-level approval.
- Forward approval email from course coordinator to email@example.com
- Complete ISP application form (supplied by Arts Outbound Programs upon receipt of course coordinator approval).
- Monash Abroad to notify you of final approval and pay Monash Abroad Travel Scholarship ($200) and Monash University Travel Insurance.
*Advice for completing the Arts Risk Register
The university requires that a comprehensive plan be in place for OHS requirements of any student travelling overseas on university business. An Arts Risk Register (as above) is required to be conducted by the student in conjunction with their supervisor that includes an itinerary and documenting planned tasks taking into consideration emergency planning and focus on hazards that are likely to be encountered during international travel, examples of these may include:
- Effects of climate
- Natural Disasters
- Threats to personal security, e.g. terrorism, civil unrest
A listing of personal contacts (family members including phone numbers) must be included as well as a plan to the best of their ability of medical centres within the vicinity they are planning to carry out the work.
A regular contact regime will also need to be considered dependent on the risk level of the country.